Author Topic: BMW 2 series  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Zorro

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2003 GTI & 2013 Elantra GT
BMW 2 series
« on: November 01, 2013, 08:11:14 am »
Does anyone have any Canadian info regarding the new 2 series. It was revealed to the US market, i believe starting price is ~$33K for the 228i. Officiall unveiling is in January in Detroit i believe.

From the pics that i've seen it looks pretty damn good. Hopefully pricing is somewhat on par with the US.

Offline Flinter

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +44/-30
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 128i, 2017 Kia RIO EX, 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4WDGMC Sierra
Re: BMW 2 series
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 01:18:16 pm »
Does anyone have any Canadian info regarding the new 2 series. It was revealed to the US market, i believe starting price is ~$33K for the 228i. Officiall unveiling is in January in Detroit i believe.

From the pics that i've seen it looks pretty damn good. Hopefully pricing is somewhat on par with the US.

I also prefer the styling compared to the current 1-series coupe. However, the downside is that the 228i will now use the N20 DI turbo 4 instead of the yummie smooth straight 6 in the current 128i. Of course the upside of the N20 is slightly more power and torque with better fuel economy.

I haven't heard any specifics about when it will be available in Canada but I'm expecting that the pricing will be similar to the current 128i, startibng at ~$36K and reasonably equipt at ~$40K.

Offline Zorro

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2003 GTI & 2013 Elantra GT
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 07:50:22 am »
I contacted a couple dealer here in Ottawa; one of them has no idea at all, the other one actually has 2 allocations for January. He also said just like the previous poster mentioned that the price will be similar to 1 series. i was hoping for a bit lower, closer to the US pricing but if it includes a couple extra things then that wouldn't be so bad.

I also heard that auto will be standard and that the manual will bve a no-cost option...that kind of sucks, cause you can usually save at least a grand when you opt for the manual.

If i can get into a 228i with M package & premium package (unless moonroof is stand alone option, i hope), at about $40K, then i will have a tough choice between it and the new GTI.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:23:23 pm »
^^ That would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I really like the 1-Series (well, aside from the looks) and considered one before I bought my GTI. I paid $32k for the GTI, while a 1-Series with just a few (necessary, IMO) options was over $40k.

Maybe a fully loaded GTI will be close to a stripper 2-Series, but I wouldn't want either car in that configuration. And it's a real shame the n/a 6 is gone from the 2-Series.  :'(