Author Topic: Road Trip: Tuscany, Italy and the Ferrari Museum in a Fiat Punto  (Read 3182 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Road Trip: Tuscany, Italy and the Ferrari Museum in a Fiat Punto
« on: November 01, 2013, 06:27:10 am »

Dan crosses 'Drive through Italian countryside and visit Ferrari museum' off his bucket list and revels in the experience.

Read More...

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Re: Road Trip: Tuscany, Italy and the Ferrari Museum in a Fiat Punto
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 10:02:37 am »
Lucky you. I've been the BMW museum in 1988 (Contiki Euro Tour). The Ferrari museum is one of those stops I plan to visit. BTW cittą dei motori is more like motor city than engine city. Nice article !!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:04:34 am by redman »
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline ThisWas

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 06:17:31 pm »
Thanks for the memories, Dan!
Just got back from Chianti... we stayed in Chiocchio just north of Greve. 
Enjoyed driving SR222 but I kept checking the rear-view mirror of my rented Fiesta to let convoys of Ferraris and Audi R8s pass when the road straightened for a couple hundred yards.
I'll attach a photo from a pull-off in Castellina in Chianti.
-Dan in N.H.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 06:34:03 pm »
I had a full day Ferrari drive from Florence through Tuscan countryside booked back in 2010, but unfortunately we were a couple of people short and they had to cancel it.  I was extremely disappointed.  And I've still yet to drive a Ferrari.  :(

I did end up going to the BMW Museum in Munich though and thoroughly enjoyed it. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing