Author Topic: First Drive: 2014 Mazda3  (Read 31513 times)

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
Re: First Drive: 2014 Mazda3
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 11:08:32 am »
Apparently the GX model doesn't come with a tach.
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?72994-No-tachometer-on-GX-2014-manual
Ooh shifting old-school by sound.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2013, 11:31:07 am »
Says so in the brochure. RTFB - read the ****ing brochure! I knew exactly what I was getting when I got my 2012 GS. Well almost. I didn't know my centre armrest slid forward. Very cool.

Offline JohnM

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +70/-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2014, 12:34:34 pm »
"could get it for under $17...then why they put $21 on it in the first place, "

Sonic dealers ie GM, don't offer straight up pricing, they offer deals on jacked up List prices.  They market to a specific type of person whose math skills aren't great and simply blow them away with a large discount on an inflated starting price.  One salesman remarked to me that the biggest difference he noticed when he went to Toyota was that customers walking in were totally different people from those he encountered in the GM showroom.

Most brands probably do this from time to time but it has been standard GM practice for many years.  I think it is exploitive but, at this time, it is legal.

One fellow I know bought a loaded truck for something like $45k - they gave him $10k off because "someone had put a deposit on it and then walked".  Of course, there were other customers about to jump on it according to the salesman.  He couldn't believe the deal and bought on the spot. 

If you pay full list for a GM or remotely close, you've been had.

Cheers and Happy New Year,
John M.