Author Topic: Replacement for Chevy Avalanche  (Read 1732 times)

Offline m1xed0s

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-9
    • View Profile
Replacement for Chevy Avalanche
« on: August 08, 2013, 04:00:55 pm »
Let's say I am saving money for a SUV/Truck and as Avalanche is going away, what alternative you recommend?

I know Ridgeline is a good option but somehow feel it is boring...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Replacement for Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 04:07:04 pm »
Id get one ASAP. My dad just picked up a 2013 LTZ  black diamond edition for about $15k off the sticker. Dont wait, who knows what front wheel drive based, wankerific CUV thing GM might bring out next. There are no real alternatives to the Avy, the Ridgeline is a nice little truck, but it wont tow, haul or have the interior space and luxury anywhere near the Avy. Id say look into a 1/2 ton Ford or GM, the 2014 models are really, really well done and very cushy. I was very surprised to see that they were stopping production on the Avy as they are very popular around here.
Lighten up Francis.....

Northernridge

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 04:13:53 pm »
Didn't hear about there being no more Avalanche which is too bad, I like them (I bet they come back). Meanwhile since you mentioned SUV, the Suburban should be an option because it's the same as the Av except for the box. And soon you'll get a look at the new models to provide a choice between the outgoing model and the incoming one.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 04:15:53 pm »
Didn't hear about there being no more Avalanche which is too bad, I like them (I bet they come back). Meanwhile since you mentioned SUV, the Suburban should be an option because it's the same as the Av except for the box. And soon you'll get a look at the new models to provide a choice between the outgoing model and the incoming one.

Has GM mentioned anything about a replacement....I havent heard anything?? Autos.ca types...Bueller....Bueller???

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 08:42:16 pm »

Has GM mentioned anything about a replacement....I havent heard anything?? Autos.ca types...Bueller....Bueller???

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/next-gen-gm-full-size-suvs-to-be-revealed-september-27th/