3 (8.1%)
1 (2.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
Wish an astroid would hit it.
5 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: How much do you love your car?  (Read 7396 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Re: How much do you love your car?
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 09:59:27 am »
"Honk spot"?  LOL

;D  Yes, that's the technical term.   :rofl2:

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 10:05:45 am »
Quad, Great idea for a thread.

The 5 gets a 7. I like the way handles and was surprised at how refined it is,  particularly on the highway.  The size and functionality compromise is perfect as it has a small footprint for easy maneuverability yet is large enough to actually carry stuff.  And as much as I didn't appreciate it having two sliding doors for hauling around a 3 year old and a 1 year is very, very nice.  That it hasn't had any unscheduled maintenance in the 40,000 km we've owned it (55k - 95k) gets it the the extra point for a seven.

It gets docked points for being both underpowered and not good on gas.  3400 lbs is just too much weight for the 2.3 I4.  If this car could easily get in the low 7's on the highway and had an extra 50 hp it would likely be a 9.  The extra point would be earned by having a hydraulic power steering pump and a slightly faster steering ratio.  Surprisingly, steering feel is one of my big gripes about this Mazda.

The Protege5 was probably an 8.5-9.0.  I love that car.  It lacks a TON of refinement, particularly on the highway, but it makes full use of it's 130 hp and it never met a corner it didn't goad you into tackling with gusto.  Practicality and good looks are a bonus.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 10:22:43 am »
She also loses a point for a poorly-placed and spottily-responsive honk spot on the steering wheel.  Not that I use it very often, but it sure would be nice not to have to smash my fist on the steering wheel to get a message across to the douches of the road.

8 for the Sorento.

I love driving it and it meets all of my needs but it loses a couple of points for various issues, one (very small one) of which is the insensitivity of the horn.  Other, more important, issues include gas mileage, cost of some repairs and a few first generation problems as well.

Still, it's over 10 years old, still running and looking good.  I've had at least one car in the past that would have been an utter junker by now had I kept it.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 11:38:06 am »
Mazda 2 - 8 - I really like almost everything about it. It is on the small side but we bought it as a second vehicle not the main family it has turned into. The clutch pedal feel is by far the worse thing about it following the silly choices they have made with power locks.

Mercedes 220D - 8 - Given the price I paid I rather like it. Fuel mileage is amazing given its size and age but it could definitely use some more power (surprise, surprise). A modern V6 would be delightful in it. Other than that it handles very, very well for a big old boat. I love the vintage steering wheel and interior.

Volvo 244 - 6 - Haven't bonded yet and I still need to solve some niggling issues before I drive it. Brakes seem overly complex and seats aren't very comfortable. It has potential though.