Author Topic: Test Drive: 2013 Dodge Charger SXT Plus AWD  (Read 9045 times)

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2013 Dodge Charger SXT Plus AWD
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 12:52:25 pm »
pretty sure no one has built a car with 100% visibility... convertibles are close...

G1 & G2 Forester are close too, but that's a heck of a compromise in design!

Can you tell me why the moulds for the AWD rims are so...boring, pretty much ruining the look of the car? Why couldn't they just take the R/T rim moulds and apply the necessary offset? Its not like there is a huge savings between the two mould designs.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Test Drive: 2013 Dodge Charger SXT Plus AWD
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 12:59:29 pm »
pretty sure no one has built a car with 100% visibility... convertibles are close. my amc pacer is probably the closest a hardtop has come... and it sucked. can't please all the people all the time!

how bout we all learn to use mirrors? rather than force the car companies to build things to correct our faults, how about we just learn to be better drivers?

All mirrors have blind spots.  "Better drivers" shoulder check rather then the lazy method of just checking mirrors.

Poor visibility is due to styling trends and I guess that's as much buyers faults as it is automakers.  They build what we buy.  BTW...You don't have to go back to the 70's to get good visibility, my 90's Legacy wagon was great and it was a modern car.

a good driver uses both mirrors and checks... keeps their head forward as much as they can, then checks the spots they missed. i never said drivers should only use mirrors and agree that only doing so is ridiculous.

and i said "probably the closest they have come" in regard to the pacers visibility... i never said that there aren't other cars between then and now that have been good or even great. just saying they all have sacrifices.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now