Author Topic: How do you tell a senior that maybe they shouldn't be driving  (Read 3105 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: How do you tell a senior that maybe they shouldn't be driving
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 03:46:39 pm »
Most of the incidents of people driving into stores/gas stations Ive seen on the news usually involve seniors....those actually terrify me  :o If you cant decipher the pedals and the difference between D and R...then please stop driving.

Funny you say that part....I was out for a bike ride with a buddy and we rode up behind an older person who was backing up so they weren't in the crosswalk while in the left turn lane (they chose not to go through the light). My buddy was on the right side of the lane and and I was in the middle. He looked at me and said, did you check if she put it back in drive again.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: How do you tell a senior that maybe they shouldn't be driving
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 03:51:23 pm »
Most of the incidents of people driving into stores/gas stations Ive seen on the news usually involve seniors....those actually terrify me  :o If you cant decipher the pedals and the difference between D and R...then please stop driving.

Funny you say that part....I was out for a bike ride with a buddy and we rode up behind an older person who was backing up so they weren't in the crosswalk while in the left turn lane (they chose not to go through the light). My buddy was on the right side of the lane and and I was in the middle. He looked at me and said, did you check if she put it back in drive again.

Had a cab driver do that to me, backed up to get off crosswalk, forgot it in R, almost rammed me when we got the advance green. I dont think you could have fit a piece of paper between his bumper and mine  >:(
Lighten up Francis.....