Author Topic: Teen girls twice as likely to drive and text  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Teen girls twice as likely to drive and text
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:46:28 am »

Teen girls are twice as likely as teen boys to use cell phones and other electronic devices while driving

Read More...

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: Teen girls twice as likely to drive and text
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:19:30 am »
from my observations, guys tend to talk on the phone while driving (say, with speaker phone) and more girls text.

just my observation.  nothing more, nothing less.  i think texting is bit more dangerous, however.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 10:33:27 am »
I think this falls under the f%$kin duh category, most teenage girls are inseparable from their Iphones, do you think a little thing like driving and traffic safety would stop them???
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:53:36 am »
I think this falls under the f%$kin duh category, most teenage girls are inseparable from their Iphones, do you think a little thing like driving and traffic safety would stop them???

While I'm pretty sure that teenage girls are the most afflicted it's not limited to them.  Last year we had to ban wireless devices on the floor at work as people (mostly summer students) would never put them down.  Scary to see someone with 10,000lbs of fork truck and rubber scooting along while texting.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 12:08:30 pm »

While I'm pretty sure that teenage girls are the most afflicted it's not limited to them.  Last year we had to ban wireless devices on the floor at work as people (mostly summer students) would never put them down.  Scary to see someone with 10,000lbs of fork truck and rubber scooting along while texting.

Ive heard people on the radios reporting truckers on their laptops on the highway.....thats scares the ever loving crap out of me.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »
Well I see it every day at work, young females cannot let it go.  Since the devices are prohibited inside(thank god!) they go outside at break and lunch and text or talk, at quitting time while hundreds are exiting the building they all reach in their purse for that thing.  I see cars leaving the property, they're on that dam phone.  It's a g... dam disease!!!

Offline D70

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +13/-153
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1990 Mazda Miata
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:35:29 pm »
As a pedestrian I had trouble passing an older girl on her cell phone today trailing a suitcase on wheels weaving down the sidewalk.

Girls love their cell phones

http://www.flickr.com/photos/d70w7/4204482913/