Author Topic: Test Drive: 2014 Chevrolet Impala  (Read 15755 times)

Offline Rupert

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +49/-160
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2014 Chevrolet Impala
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2013, 09:44:55 am »
Bit above my price range but a nice car. Have no idea what the fleet remarks are about and think if someone wants a large car this would be an offering to consider. A lot to like but another vehicle with a Berlin Wall down the middle. What for??? Is it for AWD equipment? If I am wanting a large car I would require FWD no tunnel and room for 3 on back seat without having to straddle a tunnel. Column shift and divided bench front seat would be nice. A lot to like perhaps.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2013, 09:52:06 am »
A little perspective. Previous Impala sales were primarily fleet. We'll see how it does going forward.

Large car sales are a very tiny part of the US landscape these days.

Very true, it's going to take a few months to see how the numbers are.  Why isn't the XTS in that chart? Luxury car maybe?

Yes, that's right. The XTS is included with the ES with the luxury segment. Year to date for the XTS is 12,450 in the US and 361 in Canada. The May figures are 2429 in the US and 71 in Canada.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Vanstar

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-236
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Acura TL, 2015 Kia Rio5
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2013, 11:03:32 am »
A little perspective. Previous Impala sales were primarily fleet. We'll see how it does going forward.

Large car sales are a very tiny part of the US landscape these days.

Very true, it's going to take a few months to see how the numbers are.  Why isn't the XTS in that chart? Luxury car maybe?

Yes, that's right. The XTS is included with the ES with the luxury segment. Year to date for the XTS is 12,450 in the US and 361 in Canada. The May figures are 2429 in the US and 71 in Canada.

Seems like the traditional land barge is pretty much a goner in Canada. Three hundred sixty once cars is, per capita, only about a quarter of the rate of that of the USA. In the last five years, the only place I have actually seen land barges in any numbers that were no rentals was in Florida, known for its, ahem, rather "conservative" buyers.

Yet again, GM is saying, "no fleet sales" They were saying the same thing a decade ago when I was working for them. Heck they said the same thing when the 2006 model came out. This is a fleet car, pure and simple. If you want a good highway car with lots room in it, well, that basically leaves the Taurus and Impala. I don't have a lot good to say about the Taurus. It's way too large for the room inside and the visibility is terrible. Even worse are the brakes. When rental companies want to buy these cars, GM will sell them.
I'd never join a group that would have me as a member.

Offline Oldsguy

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +70/-953
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2013, 05:53:23 pm »
"It is still overboosted at driving speeds, and I found it was floppy on centre."

That statement just screams classic GM.

More accurately, it screams classic autos.ca GM bashing even when the facts do not support their statement.

And your statement just sounds like classic Oldsguy "fall on the sword in the name of GM" banter. How can you tell someone what their opinion of a car theyve driven should be?? The guy drove it, steering felt sloppy, he didnt like it......wheres the problem??

Yeah, classic Oldsguy, GregB, Catseye68......all whom are the same person.  His posts haven't changed one ounce in the few years that I've been here.   ::)

Greg has been going for years and his song never changes. It's positively comical to read because he is so passionate about it. I mean, cars are fun but really, just let it be fun. What is really amazing about Greg is how he keeps sneaking back. He's been banned at least three times but he keeps on coming back!

Barrie was a real scream and I still miss his post, serious entertainment value in them.

Your skills at identifying posters are about as accurate as your abilities to offer an unbiased opinion of a vehicle. The obsession with certain individuals here is quite comical.
Since October 2015 the Junior PM has been in office.  Record mega-Billion deficits as he p*sses away our future.  An economy gutted. Stinky POTHEADS rejoice. We are going down the drain.

Offline Vanstar

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-236
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Acura TL, 2015 Kia Rio5
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2013, 12:20:04 am »
"It is still overboosted at driving speeds, and I found it was floppy on centre."

That statement just screams classic GM.

Torro torro Greg, the Cobalt was a POS, now have at 'er!

More accurately, it screams classic autos.ca GM bashing even when the facts do not support their statement.

And your statement just sounds like classic Oldsguy "fall on the sword in the name of GM" banter. How can you tell someone what their opinion of a car theyve driven should be?? The guy drove it, steering felt sloppy, he didnt like it......wheres the problem??

Yeah, classic Oldsguy, GregB, Catseye68......all whom are the same person.  His posts haven't changed one ounce in the few years that I've been here.   ::)

Greg has been going for years and his song never changes. It's positively comical to read because he is so passionate about it. I mean, cars are fun but really, just let it be fun. What is really amazing about Greg is how he keeps sneaking back. He's been banned at least three times but he keeps on coming back!

Barrie was a real scream and I still miss his post, serious entertainment value in them.

Your skills at identifying posters are about as accurate as your abilities to offer an unbiased opinion of a vehicle. The obsession with certain individuals here is quite comical.