Author Topic: Time to "downgrade" help me choose a new to me car  (Read 8444 times)

Offline mmorriso

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +6/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Time to "downgrade" help me choose a new to me car
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 11:05:20 pm »
but it has a low fuel level warning AND a clock :)

Offline 2latecrew

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2007 Nissan Sentra (AKA The Toaster)
Re: Time to "downgrade" help me choose a new to me car
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2011, 11:59:35 am »
OK so its done..well almost. Small deposit given and picking the car up on Fri or Sat.

Couple minor things need to be fixed before the deal is finalized squeaky wiper arm spring, verified alignment report and removal of the front bug deflector and touch up the hood for any spots where it left a mark.

All my checks for accidents etc came up clean. Car still has a bit of power train warranty left so I've got another 10K if anything else pops up.

The price was reduced 1K from last week to this week and I was only able to get him down another bit to 7600 but that's just over high black book and its at least a couple 1000 less than a comparable civic or Mazda which likely has more miles on it.

I have already christened the car "the Toaster" as in its an appliance (and its silver) Its a point a to point b car that has no personality. If its easy on gas,doesn't break and is tolerable on long trips (which i think is really the car's strength compared to others in its class)  then it will serve its purpose.

I'll post in show and shine when i get it.