Author Topic: Lamborghini on 60 Minutes - Circa 1987  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: Lamborghini on 60 Minutes - Circa 1987
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 10:42:12 pm »
I guess it is just a matter of taste. I am more of the sports/GT car guy, rather than a small/light sports car type.

There was a used Exige at the Porsche dealer while I was there picking up some parts (the owner upgraded, I guess  ;)). Small is an understatement and like previous Lotus models I've looked at, it looked very kit-carish on the inside. Its a matter of low production n numbers, I would think. Its a go-cart with a roof.

Its a matter of compromises and everybody has different criteria. I want a solid reliable drive and something reasonably crash worthy with all the cell phone yakking idiots on the road.

Meh. Whatever...  Horses for courses, I prefer a rawer drive than you, if we were all the same life would be boring.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:58:32 pm by Turbo Bob »

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 11:31:21 pm »
I prefer a rawer drive than you, if we were all the same life would be boring.

So do I, but not as a daily driver and only car. The feeling/thrill wears thin after a while. Been there, done that on two wheels.

And, exactly what I said.
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 02:08:59 am »

So do I, but not as a daily driver and only car.

Nowhere have I said my car was an only car, and I don't know why you keep saying it either?  When I had the Exige, between us we had 2 or 3 cars at different periods.  I could choose what to drive each day.  I lived in the Peak District, so my 80 mile commute was fun in any car.

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 01:29:46 pm »

So do I, but not as a daily driver and only car.

Nowhere have I said my car was an only car, and I don't know why you keep saying it either?  When I had the Exige, between us we had 2 or 3 cars at different periods.  I could choose what to drive each day.  I lived in the Peak District, so my 80 mile commute was fun in any car.

80 miles in a Lotus every day? Talk about a great way to reduce stress! Makes it almost worthwhile to go to work....
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 02:30:03 pm »
I used to love that commute, really did.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 07:20:12 pm »

If you remember, any particular road numbers that you took to work.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 08:49:11 pm »

If you remember, any particular road numbers that you took to work.

A537  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_and_Fiddle_Road

Only time to really tackle it was really early in the morning. I managed to spin the Exige completely off the road once, on a particular difficult downhill corner that tightens up on you twice, just the sort of thing that would upset your car, I lifted off.  There was a video of it on here a while ago.  :o :rofl2:

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »
That was a cool video.  I love the sound of that thing.  I can still remember the opening sequence of 'Canonball Run' with the black Countach with that same sound.  It gives me goosebumps.  I also remember having that issue of Car and Driver with 'Countach Attack' on the cover.   
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson