Author Topic: Local Wildlife  (Read 659 times)

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
Local Wildlife
« on: February 16, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »
Since Sunday, I've seen two animals that I've never seen before in person......a Coyote and a Bobcat.  I saw the Coyote on Sunday night while driving on my road about 1KM from my house.  Although it appeared to be full grown, it was a little smaller than I expected.  I am guessing it was about 40lbs or so. 

Then tonight just before dusk, we actually had a Bobcat in our backyard.  I had to do a double take at first from our kitchen window as I really couldn't believe it was a Bobcat.  I certainly wouldn't want to meet one of these suckers in the woods even though it was smaller than the Coyote.  I always let my dog out at night to go to the bathroom unsupervised, but this has made me think otherwise. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Re: Local Wildlife
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:28:30 pm »
Since Sunday, I've seen two animals that I've never seen before in person......a Coyote and a Bobcat.  I saw the Coyote on Sunday night while driving on my road about 1KM from my house.  Although it appeared to be full grown, it was a little smaller than I expected.  I am guessing it was about 40lbs or so. 

Then tonight just before dusk, we actually had a Bobcat in our backyard.  I had to do a double take at first from our kitchen window as I really couldn't believe it was a Bobcat.  I certainly wouldn't want to meet one of these suckers in the woods even though it was smaller than the Coyote.  I always let my dog out at night to go to the bathroom unsupervised, but this has made me think otherwise. 

Awesome!!!  Coyotes are everywhere here.  There are so many, that people are having their pets eaten by them!  I hunt them when I can.  40lbs is actually very large for this part of the country, and fairly typical in general.  The northern ones can got almost double that though.  I think the record is somewhere around 75 lbs.

Have never seen a Bobcat in the flesh.  We have plenty of foxes here too.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
Re: Local Wildlife
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:41:49 am »
A lynx, not a bobcat, but I imagine their behaviour would be similar.  :o
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1832025