Author Topic: Groundhog Day Storm  (Read 5842 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Groundhog Day Storm
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 04:45:27 pm »
Big flakes falling now east of the GTA.

NO those usually stay in tha GTA................... ;D.....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:48:20 pm by safristi »
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 04:45:54 pm »
I think we got more snow here this afternoon (after the 'Winter Storm Warning' was called off) then we did last night when we were supposed to get the major dumpage

Agree.. have to go home and shovel

Crazy....really?  I am what, 1 hour south of you and we defineatley got the bulk of our snow last night. Maybe got 3-5CM more today, but closer to 15cm was there to greet me this morning....I hate shovelling......plow just came by too  :-[

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 04:50:06 pm »
I think we got more snow here this afternoon (after the 'Winter Storm Warning' was called off) then we did last night when we were supposed to get the major dumpage

Crazy....really?  I am what, 1 hour south of you and we defineatley got the bulk of our snow last night. Maybe got 3-5CM more today, but closer to 15cm was there to greet me this morning....I hate shovelling......plow just came by too  :-[

Snowblower for the FTMFW!!!!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 05:41:18 pm »

Yeah, for real.  Thank God my neighbour has one and came over after seeing me struggle with the snow drift from Mr Plow.  Took him 10 minutes to do what was going to take me an easy 40 minutes.   Next year.....buy a snowplower

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 05:45:37 pm »

Yeah, for real.  Thank God my neighbour has one and came over after seeing me struggle with the snow drift from Mr Plow.  Took him 10 minutes to do what was going to take me an easy 40 minutes.   Next year.....buy a snowplower

Can't you put a plow on the WRX??   :rofl2:

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2011, 06:52:33 pm »

I was going by my office windowameter - it looked like it was snowing hard all afternoon.
I blowed out about 10cm this morning and another 6 or 7 after work, so i guess looks were a bit deceiving

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2011, 07:31:49 pm »

Can't you put a plow on the WRX??   :rofl2:

Hmmmmmmmm :D

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2011, 09:27:59 pm »

Got a major dumpage in the afternoon too.   Tested the new winter tires in 12 inches of unplowed parking lot.  :)

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2011, 09:37:22 pm »
Wow got home and the driveway was about 3 feet high in snow.  Glad I have a snowblower!

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2011, 10:37:05 pm »
Owen Sound got the biggest dump of the winter after a devastating melt down at Xmas.  The sled trails will be solid for the rest of the season save another melt down.   All highways in and out of the OS were closed until about 2 pm.