Author Topic: First Drive: 2011 Nissan Quest  (Read 17517 times)

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
Re: First Drive: 2011 Nissan Quest
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2010, 07:24:33 am »
Hey Shnak, there is a big difference in the cargo volume between this new Quest and others on the market.   The overall length might be the same, but its inside that matters.   As well the new sliding doors on the quest apparently do not open very wide at all and are much harder to get and out of then other minivans.  As well, the Quest apparently has a higher load floor which contributes to a Significantly smaller interior and for whatever reason no telescoping steering wheel which is a must in my opinion.

The only real difference is that you can't remove the 2nd row seats, decreasing the cargo numbers by a big amount. For most families, I don't think removing the 2nd row seats is that big of a concern. And while disappointing, the lack of telescoping steering wheel usually isn't a deal breaker for me with this type of vehicle as you're sitting high and have plenty of space under the wheel to slide your knees under if you wish to be closer, but of course, I'd need to test it for myself. Our Sportage doesn't have telescopic steering wheel, and even if it did, I don't think I'd move it more than a cm or two from where it is. On the other hand, the Sonata has it, and I had to extend it to the maximum because of how reclined by backrest is. For me at least, the higher the vehicle, the less I need to adjust the steering wheel.

Popsi

Re: First Drive: 2011 Nissan Quest
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2010, 08:06:43 am »
I'm not impressed. Nissan still hasn't gotten over that side-facing rear seat for amputees thing they had going in the original Quest.  With the exception that the price has been hiked to match the competition.

As far as some Nissan spokesperson saying that 'minivans sell from the inside' as a rationale for attaching a cardboard box to a 'replica' front end from a Freightliner on the outside, the inside depicted is nothing out of the ordinary - except for the Elvis-sized 'shift manipulation device' protruding so obstrusively from the dash. The Missus could hang all her shopping bags on that baby.

Nissan has laboured and brought forth a large mouse.