Author Topic: $235,000 speeding ticket  (Read 13283 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Re: $235,000 speeding ticket
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2010, 12:06:00 am »

So you approve of the gov't seizing and selling peoples cars if caught drinking and driving??  Afterall...number one motor vehicle killer is drinking and driving...Racing doesn't even rank, statistically...

Absolutely! I've always thought seizing and crushing the cars of drunk drivers would be much more effective than the current system of license suspension and the (remote) possibility of jail time.

Well at least they'd have a reason to do it.  It's the #1 killer for road fatalities.  But "racing" sells more papers...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline my2cents

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +8/-40
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Rav4 AWD
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2010, 12:11:42 am »
I have to say I also don't have all the facts - but if you put "mount Seymour" into google earth and click the street view pictures - you'll see that it is a two lane paved road with trees on both sides.

There is one parking lot just after a switchback where there could be people and after that is the end of the road parking lot.

So for most of the route - there may be a bear or deer that comes out of the bush - but people - not likely.

If a Ferrari does 0 to 100 in about 4 secs - then a 10 sec. burst will be close to 200.

You can only go a couple of miles before you hit a slow to 20 switchback.

As for almost hitting someone - well every time we drive past a bus stop - we almost mow down 10 people.

This same law applies to impaired drivers -

"Under the Civil Forfeiture Act of 2006, vehicles can be forfeited and sold if a civil court rules unlawful activity -such as impaired driving or street racing -could have caused severe injury or death."

Any impaired driver - drugs, booze, texting can run up on the sidewalk and kill someone - so they should all lose their cars.

Will seizing cars from drunks also be a cash grab?

The two Harleys weren't just speeding - the Air1 video shows them all over the freeway - all three lanes plus the emergency parking lane - cutting off traffic and swerving in an out for a few miles.

On the other hand - judges let everyone off with house arrest or minor fines here - so depending on the background of these clowns - it may just be justice at last.

Offline my2cents

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +8/-40
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Rav4 AWD
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2010, 12:24:22 am »
And by the way - today a new driver (20 year old) in what looked like an Acura csx was clocked at 205.

Car was seized - but he wasn't the owner - so they don't know if they will sell it or not.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_north/campbellrivermirror/news/110673889.html

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2010, 02:00:34 pm »
It's (drunk drivers) the #1 killer for road fatalities.  But "racing" sells more papers...

Actually booze makes more money...tax dollars for the governement, so they won't touch that.

More people get killed due to drunk driving than firearms, yet you need a slew of permits to own and use a firearm.
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.