Author Topic: A basic fun to drive wagon  (Read 3142 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: A basic fun to drive wagon
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 09:06:14 am »
...BASIC and somewhat Fun to drive......................FOCUS WAGON.... :think:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Marko

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 12:24:28 pm »
The more I think about it the more a wagon makes sense. Basically all the practicality of an SUV but the speed and handling of a car. A BMW 535xi wagon with a 6 speed manual would be awesome, although they're still worth more than I would pay for a car. Maybe in about 2 years it will be my next car if one can be found for about 20k then.

And why isn't the 335 available as a wagon in Canada? The 328 is. That's stupid.

Offline sparky

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 08:54:51 pm »
...BASIC and somewhat Fun to drive......................FOCUS WAGON.... :think:
True enough, Saf. I bought an '06 Focus wagon after testing it against a number of compact hatches, sedans and wagons of similar vintage. It was just way more agile and lively than the Jetta, Matrix, Sentra, Corolla and neo-Neon. Pretty good little car.
I'm pretty sure it's Americans, not North Americans, who don't want wagons. Canadians love 'em. We've always been more partial to cheaper, more practical rides.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 09:10:02 pm »
vw.ca still shows the Passat wagon  The 2.0 turbo and dsg should be just fine.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline huota

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +49/-60
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 01:56:29 am »
every time i visit europe i see 325d/330d, and 530d wagons or audi a4 3L diesel avants.   those would be fun and they would run forever.

Re: BMW diesels, there are numerous cases of swirl flap failures, which leads to serious engine damage. Anyone buying one of these cars should have the flaps removed. Other than that they should be reliable units, though. AFAIK Audis don't have this problem, but then they aren't as frugal as BMWs...
Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 05:50:07 pm »
I'd rock a wagon if it wasn't for one thing: chicks don't dig wagons. They just don't make them moist the way a sports coupe or a luxury sedan do.

Chicks love wagons - cool chicks anyway. Extra points if you have a roof rack, as it tends to suggest: "I am not defined by what I drive, but i do have a fun trip planned for the weekend. Care to come along?"  ;D

Offline goodsonr

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 06:06:20 pm »
I have a wagon with roof rack .. with cargo box AND bike rack so I'm uber-cool with my adventure-mobile.  ;D

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 06:28:54 pm »
I have a wagon with roof rack .. with cargo box AND bike rack so I'm uber-cool with my adventure-mobile.  ;D

Cargo box AND a bike rack?? Really now, that's just showing off!  ;D

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 12:09:47 pm »
 ??? ::) wracked with ENVY?................. :D    WAGONS HO!!.... :pimp: