Author Topic: Test Drive: 2010 BMW X3 xDrive28i  (Read 10511 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Test Drive: 2010 BMW X3 xDrive28i
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 10:04:09 pm »
How thing have change since 2007 

:rofl2:
The 2007 X3 is something altogether different: it offers a smooth, well-damped ride enhanced by a raised driving position that allows for the perfect vantage point of the road ahead. The X3’s handling, vehicle dynamics and rock-solid poise are impressive. The interior, offered in an array of colours in cloth and leather, is sophisticated and handsome, pulled together with accents of matte titanium and wood. The material used to upholster the seats is also found on the centre console, arm rests and door linings – keeping things uniform and together. And as for off-road capabilities, the X3 proved very capable on an arranged test trail. The Hill Descent Control (HDC) system enabled the vehicle to tackle steep declines with ease, keeping the X3 moving at a crawling pace. When HDC is active, the driver can ignore the brake and gas and adjust the speed using the plus/minus buttons on the steering wheel.

or
There is a lot to like in the X3: fine dynamics, good packaging and a standard six-speed manual for those who prefer a little more driving involvement with their SUV experience.

For 2007, BMW has given the X3 an extensive mid-life make-over. They’re calling it the “all new” X3, which might be a bit of a stretch, but granted, the improvements go a lot deeper than the larger grille, more aggressive headlamps and body-coloured bumpers you see in the photos.

One welcome upgrade here is to the interior. It goes a long way in erasing the memory of the previous effort which was uninspired, plasticy, and generally not what you’d expect of a BMW.

Or Jill review back in 2007 http://www.canadiandriver.com/2007/03/12/test-drive-2007-bmw-x3-30si.htm

JeffyBoy

Re: Test Drive: 2010 BMW X3 xDrive28i
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 11:09:23 am »
Jill said
It's difficult to cross-shop it against its German rivals,
and then threw in a Mazda CX-7 GT for comparison.  In that vein, I would like to point out another potential (German) rival: the VW Tiguan.  You can get a loaded Highline with 4Motion version for $37,775, which gets you more content, similar horsepower, way more torque, and a more comfortable ride.  And, frankly, I like the looks of the Tiguan much more, although admittedly that's a personal matter.  As per the Mazda, the premium badge factor is missing, but it's arguably a better-rounded package than the X3.