Author Topic: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox; Day 1  (Read 30239 times)

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox; Day 1
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2010, 07:11:27 pm »
I read the review and I hear what Mr. Chase was saying:

My only complaint power-wise is that it makes its power high in the rev range, which is fine until you pack four adults inside, at which point you immediately notice how much harder the engine has to work to get the Equinox up to speed. As it is, this four-cylinder doesn’t seem to mind reaching for high revs, and it sounds decent when pressed, but the amount of engine noise that makes it inside reminds you that this is no luxury vehicle.

You disagree, but I can see it.  Those Equinox rpm numbers speak for themselves.  Sorry.  :)

Offline drederick

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2010, 10:21:55 pm »
I read the review and I hear what Mr. Chase was saying:

My only complaint power-wise is that it makes its power high in the rev range, which is fine until you pack four adults inside, at which point you immediately notice how much harder the engine has to work to get the Equinox up to speed. As it is, this four-cylinder doesn’t seem to mind reaching for high revs, and it sounds decent when pressed, but the amount of engine noise that makes it inside reminds you that this is no luxury vehicle.

You disagree, but I can see it.  Those Equinox rpm numbers speak for themselves.  Sorry.  :)

I don't disagree with what the reviewer wrote. What I disagree with is you, and your inability to read this - the most critical part of what he wrote - before THE complaint about the Equinox engine:

My only complaint power-wise is that it makes its power high in the rev range, which is fine until you pack four adults inside

How can you read and NOT understand that? it is beyond me.
blah blah blah Toyota blah blah blah I feel your pain; you've got a GM, it's worth squat and you owe on it. 

Dude, if the displacment is EXACT, it's not "all new".  The intake is different, the VVT is now on both sets of valves  In the automotive world "all new" often means somewhat different

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2010, 07:05:11 am »
Quite the classic battle going on here isn't there. Seems like someone has to be right and has to prove the other guy wrong.  ::) Pull the trigger then and get it over with - or go find a tree and we can supply the rope. ;D

Let this then be said and end it all please:

IF you want good fuel economy and don't often carry a lot of people - a four cylinder engine is a good choice.

If you do regularly carry a lot of people and don't want to wait until hell freezes over to get to 100kmph, order the V6.

It doesn't matter if you are talking Equinox or Rav - this applies to both. A six is better suited to carrying heavier loads and doesn't strain as much doing it. This isn't rocket science. :run:

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2010, 11:12:40 pm »
A six is better suited to carrying heavier loads and doesn't strain as much doing it.