Author Topic: Used Vehicle Review: Hyundai Entourage, 2007-2009  (Read 6886 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Used Vehicle Review: Hyundai Entourage, 2007-2009
« on: April 15, 2010, 04:06:07 am »

Hyundai sold its Entourage minivan in Canada for only three model years before discontinuing it. Though roomy, well-equipped and powerful, the Entourage had a number of reliability issues that buyers should be aware of.

Read More...

aknutson

Re: Used Vehicle Review: Hyundai Entourage, 2007-2009
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:39:29 pm »
I'd just like to say hats off to the CanadianDriver editor team for pulling off some of the best used-car reviews out there, and this was no different. Enthusiast forum link-throughs, recall information, mileage and crash testing, it's all here. Great job yet again. I'm definitely not going minivan shopping any time soon, but a good piece nonetheless.

Offline Golly

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Miata, 16 Malibu Premier, 19 Buick Enclave Avenir
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:21:47 pm »
I can relate to the comment on power sliding doors.  On my 2000 Silhouette, the power sliding door gave me lots of grief in the first year.  GM issued a recall on the door, followed by a recall on the recall!  Knock on wood, but after the problems were resolved in the first year (all under warranty of course), it has worked flawlessly ever since.

JeffyBoy

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 01:31:16 pm »
When we were shopping for a minivan in 2007, the Entourage was actually quite high on my wishlist (is there such a thing when talking about minivans? ;)) - we liked the space, the excellent interior design, the very attractive dash, plus the fact that the Hyundai dealers don't go all (to borrow somebody's expression from their Mitsubishi Galant posting) "Honda" on you.  That was, until we drove it.  We drove a 1-year old demo, and it was loud, groany and boomy, and had a number of squeaks and rattles.  Oh.  Okay....  We ended up buying a Honda Odyssey, so I got the privilege of crawling on my hands and knees to the Honda dealership to beg them to let me buy an Odyssey from them. ::)

Canada Stig

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 02:00:01 pm »
When we were shopping for a minivan in 2007, the Entourage was actually quite high on my wishlist (is there such a thing when talking about minivans? ;)) - we liked the space, the excellent interior design, the very attractive dash, plus the fact that the Hyundai dealers don't go all (to borrow somebody's expression from their Mitsubishi Galant posting) "Honda" on you.  That was, until we drove it.  We drove a 1-year old demo, and it was loud, groany and boomy, and had a number of squeaks and rattles.  Oh.  Okay....  We ended up buying a Honda Odyssey, so I got the privilege of crawling on my hands and knees to the Honda dealership to beg them to let me buy an Odyssey from them. ::)

Very similar experience to yours.  I tried the Entourage after I drove the Freestar and Caravan, and thought I was in automotive heaven. 

Before I signed the deal, I thought I should just "try" an Odyssey to see if it was worth the extra $5000.  I bought an Odyssey. 

The Odyssey is not perfect, certainly, but a co-worker has one of the 07 Entourages and is counting the days till the lease is up.  He is often driving a Sonata, Elantra, or even Santa Fe as his van seems to be in for warranty work more than my 93 Intrepid (that I joked I "shared with the service manager"). 

He tried to deal it early on a Santa Fe but several Hyundai dealers said "no", that it was so upside down in value that he had to go the full length of the lease, and even then they would be checking it with a fine tooth comb for wear and tear, damages, etc.

Offline Hyundaiguy

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 03:47:32 pm »
We have 2008 Entourage top model trim(~30,000 km). So far everything is good. No unplanned servicing except regular 6000 km check. The only thing is that driver's side mirror seems to have mind of it's own. It occasionally moves to different positions. Aside from this, we really love all the 'bells and whistles'. Too bad that Hyundai discontinued the minivan, for I prefer to deal with Hyundai than Kia, as I feel they are a bit higher up in terms of refinement and reliability.