Poll

Much hoohaa is said on here about auto vs manual vs dsg type transmissions.  And especially that you now can't get a new Ferrari with a manual 'box.  So my question is this, if you were buying a new Ferrari F430 which box would you (honestly) tick?

Manual
29 (60.4%)
Flappy Paddle F1 Style
19 (39.6%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: April 13, 2010, 01:19:42 am

Author Topic: Flappy Paddles?  (Read 12554 times)

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
Re: Flappy Paddles?
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2010, 05:42:24 pm »
Rejoice!  Lamborghini's too will be much more efficient...and less of a PITA to drive.

Lamborghini has thrown the motoring world a curve ball with a report that Sant'Agata will be leaving manual transmissions to the dinosaurs, just like Ferrari. According to Car and Driver, the decision was part of the company's commitment to increasing the overall fuel economy of its products – something the Raging Bull really hasn't had to bother with in the past. In addition to scrapping the third pedal, the company says it plans to build ever-lighter exotics, which means you can bet your pants there will be even more carbon fiber in Lambo's future line-up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/report-lamborghinis-future-includes-less-weight-no-forced-ind/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :o :o :o :o :o

Right, that means I'm saving up for a Balboni, the last TRUE lambo...  :P

Sad, but true. Balboni was a man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KStbXLVxy8
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:48:17 pm by Erik »
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2010, 08:06:00 pm »
Flappy paddles kicked my sister and raped my dog! :shake:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7217
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2010, 10:30:38 pm »

No, that was me!   ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2010, 11:07:47 pm »
^^ You surprise us, RR. You seem to be the type would use a purse to hit.  8)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2010, 12:46:38 am »
Rejoice!  Lamborghini's too will be much more efficient...and less of a PITA to drive.

Lamborghini has thrown the motoring world a curve ball with a report that Sant'Agata will be leaving manual transmissions to the dinosaurs, just like Ferrari. According to Car and Driver, the decision was part of the company's commitment to increasing the overall fuel economy of its products – something the Raging Bull really hasn't had to bother with in the past. In addition to scrapping the third pedal, the company says it plans to build ever-lighter exotics, which means you can bet your pants there will be even more carbon fiber in Lambo's future line-up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/report-lamborghinis-future-includes-less-weight-no-forced-ind/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :o :o :o :o :o

Right, that means I'm saving up for a Balboni, the last TRUE lambo...  :P

Sad, but true. Balboni was a man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KStbXLVxy8

That was awesome!! :fiver:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2010, 01:45:19 pm »

No, that was me!   ;D

Oh...Well that's ok then!  ;D

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2010, 01:49:36 pm »
Balboni was a LUCKY man........................i kept  hearing the Beatles JO JO was a man line while watchin' that.........wot a JOB..............how much does it Pay and how many holidays..... :rofl: :rofl2: :P.................
Time is to stop everything happening at once