Author Topic: Anyone a welder here in GTA ?  (Read 774 times)

toyopl

Anyone a welder here in GTA ?
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:44:21 pm »
Hey, I'm having a small issue with my car but it's a big pain.
I'm looking for anyone that welds here to help me out and weld the **** out of my exhaust tip so it doesn't rattle anymore, I'm totally frustrated since I put it on and I'm looking for someone at home/garage that would just do it good for once.

Here's what happened:

I have Scion Xb and stock exhaust tip was horrible, it filled maybe 1/3 of a hole in my bumper so I browsed forums looking what ppl down south install on their cars and I asked one member to ship me that tip to here in Canada, and that's where it all went down.
I went to reputable Muffler/Exhaust shop in GTA(won't mention names) and got it installed within 20min, I left and next day of course the thing ratteles like crazy, it has 3 big bolts that u tighten to your exhaust pipe so it holds and I guess the guy that installed it messed up cuz one of the bolts was missing, not only did the weld/tack(don't know the proper name) let go but the bolt unscrew itself from vibration and fell off.
These guys are 45min drive away from me so I drive to them and they say sorry and they do it again. This time the tip lasted for maybe 1 week and then same thing. So I said screw it and went to local shop. paid again to get it done right and left. Was ok for few days then same thing, slowly it was getting worse and worse.

I'm just tired of dealing with the shops, waiting for their lifts and then the quality control is out through the window anyway.