Author Topic: Tories revive random roadside breath test  (Read 6787 times)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: Tories revive random roadside breath test
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 12:08:53 pm »
^^ ROFL

Furthermore to what TPL said I'd like to see  tests going on in parking lots when people leave the clubs at 2 in the morning. They rarely have a RIDE program around there and I think that's plain stupid. Where they do have RIDE programs is on highway off ramps in places like Newmarket, Pickering etc. I dont get the point of stopping people who are 5 minutes away from home and by this time more sober than when they got in the car for a 30-45 min ride home.

Totaly agree and just to spice things up a touch introduce mandatory, immediate rodney king type beatings to offenders.  Guaranteed to never re-offend.

Now you're talking. Bring back flogging and for really serious crimes, kneecapping.    :D
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

DrJay

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 12:12:13 pm »
^^ ROFL

Furthermore to what TPL said I'd like to see  tests going on in parking lots when people leave the clubs at 2 in the morning. They rarely have a RIDE program around there and I think that's plain stupid. Where they do have RIDE programs is on highway off ramps in places like Newmarket, Pickering etc. I dont get the point of stopping people who are 5 minutes away from home and by this time more sober than when they got in the car for a 30-45 min ride home.

Totaly agree and just to spice things up a touch introduce mandatory, immediate rodney king type beatings to offenders.  Guaranteed to never re-offend.

Now you're talking. Bring back flogging and for really serious crimes, kneecapping.    :D

Is it a bad thing that I would actualy find that acceptable?  ;D :rofl2:

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 12:24:24 pm »
I'd say that this is a bad idea. It strikes me as another step on a slippery slope when it comes to ever increasing police powers. What's next? "Please step out of the car Sir and pee in this bottle"?

"Just give up all your rights and we'll keep you safe" How's that working for our friends south of the border?
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 12:41:05 pm »
..ELLIOT NESS meet SHNAK.................  if'n ya made Snak-boy Emperor of the Universe i'd emmigrate ta GREECE!!!! ;) ;D...................hairy women jokes implied........... :o :o :o 8) 8) 8).....

"Hey BOZO  U had an OUZO......no LICORICE ALL_SORTS in the Congressional showers..........".................... :rofl2:...NO "Massa" i just had a salty language "MOMENT!!!"..... >:D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:44:29 pm by safristi »
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 01:13:50 pm »
I'd say that this is a bad idea. It strikes me as another step on a slippery slope when it comes to ever increasing police powers. What's next? "Please step out of the car Sir and pee in this bottle"?

"Just give up all your rights and we'll keep you safe" How's that working for our friends south of the border?
Sadly Most of the US population will never notice what the Patriot Act, Homeland security has done to them.

Assorted people from Eastern Europe I have worked with and chatted with over the years in Canada have always said that one of the great things about this country was the lack of random police checks. 

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 01:21:33 pm »
 ::) random police cheeks..........................maybe the fairer sex may approve................ ;)

vdk

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 02:13:22 pm »
Assorted people from Eastern Europe I have worked with and chatted with over the years in Canada have always said that one of the great things about this country was the lack of random police checks. 
:rofl2:

I remember my father telling me that when I was younger.

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 03:22:19 pm »
Why not just put a breath tester on everyone's door so they can't leve the house if they are over?

Lets add drug testing people who high can cause a lot of damage in public keep them in the house.

Video cameras in all rooms in the home too. Gotta watch out for domestic violence. If you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear from someone monitoring your every move.

How much of a step is from rendom stops to have someone blow into the tube to stopping people at rendom and taking blood or DNA samples? Not much

DrJay

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 03:48:19 pm »
Why not just put a breath tester on everyone's door so they can't leve the house if they are over?

Lets add drug testing people who high can cause a lot of damage in public keep them in the house.

Video cameras in all rooms in the home too. Gotta watch out for domestic violence. If you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear from someone monitoring your every move.

How much of a step is from rendom stops to have someone blow into the tube to stopping people at rendom and taking blood or DNA samples? Not much

SHHHHHH ...Big Brother is reading this thread too dont'cha know.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 12:41:25 pm »

SHHHHHH ...Big Brother is reading this thread too dont'cha know.

Maybe he is:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/video/laptop-spying/article1477993/
and
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/22/harriton-high-school-admi_n_471321.html
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 02:34:10 pm »
...damn those cameras caught me unguarded..............i feel like a right BOOB.....ex squeeze ME!!!! ::) :P :lick:..BIG BREATH test and i'm only thixthteen!!!!

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 12:01:48 am »
That's a pair of Miss Demeanors, Saffy, not one.  I think you need a mammary test.  Nurse, rack 'em up for my friend Saffy STAT! :run: :fall: :flowers: :idea: :pimp: :banana: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 04:02:21 pm »
 ::) Oy i onlyBLEW 1.0....on the TEST.... :P ;).......tha lady Cop admired my SIX_PACK   she kept calling me KEIFFS fer some reason!!!! :rofl:..... :popo: :popo: :popo:......my suit CASE comes UP next week.........
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:08:40 pm by safristi »

Offline 99 Silver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-8
  • Dog lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 03:45:59 pm »
Wait until Fantino and his crew get a hold of this.

Use the laws we have now!
Jerry
Kitchener
13 Boxster
17 Lexus RX350
In the past: 12 Acura TL, 04 MazdaSpeed Miata, 07 Infiniti M35, 05 Infiniti G35x, 03 Infiniti G35, 99 Acura 3.2TL, 99 Miata, 95 Chrysler Sebring, 93 Ford Probe GT, 93 Chrysler Concorde, 89 Taurus SHO, 86 Taurus, 79 Mazda RX7