Author Topic: Test Drive: 2010 Lexus LS 600h L  (Read 10360 times)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: Test Drive: 2010 Lexus LS 600h L
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 03:58:31 pm »
John MacDonald.

If you are going to post regularly why not join the forum  its free.  ;)
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 04:33:01 pm »
Vmango said:

'Nonetheless, more to your point, the purposes of such a hybrid is less about the environment and more about image and showcasing technology for the purpose of the brand. You could make the image argument for most all hybrids.'

Silly me. :fall: I've always assumed that NEW technology is what most manufacturers want to incorporate into so-called halo cars like the LS600H, or is the idea just to pack them with as much stuff as possible?  I don't see any new technology being 'showcased' in the LS 600H. The Hybrid and AWD systems have been around for a long time in one form or another. The electronic and safety doo-dads may be impressive, but there's nothing new there either. The only 'new' technologies that I could see are the 'right rear seat retractable ottoman and rear seat Shiatsu massage.' Wow, that's impressive.

The new Chevy Volt is the only vehicle since the first-generation Honda and Toyota hybrids to offer anything really new as far as technology goes. Park one of those next to an LS600H and I wonder which one would get the most attention.

' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

John MacDonald

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 08:25:48 am »
Obviously you cannot import a V8 diesel A8. Only vehicles more than 15 years old may be imported into Canada from countries other than the US. The only exemptions are diplomatic or temporary use vehicles.

Personally I couldn't live with the taste-free interior of the LS.

Who the heck would spend $150K on a vehicle like this.  If you want fuel economy import a Audi A8 diesel V8 from europe, it would probably cost you the same money even with shipping and you'll get better performance and way better fuel economy.  If however you have any sense at all you'd spend that $150K on a Porsche Panamara, as there is no better 4 door car on the planet.

Really?  I did not know that rule.  Just goes to show just how much the gov don't want us importing any of those fantastic euro spec vehicles.

I thought it just shows how little you know  ::)

I can admitt that I don't know everything about vehicles.  I'm only 29 so I have a lot more learning to do in my lifetime.  I've never imported a car before or know anyone who has from europe so I was unaware of the rules regarding it. 

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 12:22:57 pm »
..OY  ::)  Mickey DEE..................why the GUEST appalachian  umm errr appelation...ya post more here than i do.........................join the Frayed Minds and dubious machinaochists.......and U won't get a FREE TEE SHIRT....... :think: :stick: :pimp: :light: :halffro:
Time is to stop everything happening at once