Author Topic: SHOCK: Chevy beats Honda, Mazda, Mini, Subaru...  (Read 12619 times)

vdk

Re: SHOCK: Chevy beats Honda, Mazda, Mini, Subaru...
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 08:04:52 pm »
Just jumped on Autotrader - there are a whack of new 2008 Cobalt SS (coupes) for $20,000 or less.....

Uhum take a spin in one of those and you'll be amazed by the concert of rattles..

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 08:08:27 pm »
^^^^The HHR seems better put together for whatever reason.  Anyone else notice this??
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 08:13:23 pm »
Dunno about the HHR, but the few Cobalts I've been in haven't rattled or squeaked.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

vdk

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 08:23:30 pm »
A friend had an 06 SS that had many rattles.. Now he's got the new one.. And it has the exact same rattles.. Itmight have to do wit the sub as the majority are in the back..

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 08:29:20 pm »
Big subs will loosen up pretty much any car going.

vdk

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 08:35:26 pm »
Big subs will loosen up pretty much any car going.

I agree. Factory sub though.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 08:38:21 pm »
You should see the MASSIVE stock sub in my Supra...LOL.....

It's an ear splitting 6x9 subwoofer....LOL....

Kajun78

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 11:49:16 am »
Dunno about the HHR, but the few Cobalts I've been in haven't rattled or squeaked.

I really like my HHR, but on really cold days there are a few weird noises going on. It is made worse by the fact that the car is REALLY quiet (i.e. very little wind or road noise). There is a lot of added sound deadening on the HHR, so any little interior noise is going to be heard. That said, I was in a new Sante Fe that had way more rattles, and that is a far more expensive vehicle.

Back to the SS - I'm sure there are many of them on Autotrader for cheap - too bad that most of them will be either the 2.4L or Supercharged versions.

About the interiors - yes the Cobalt interiors are not as nice as the competition, but they aren't so bad that they will destroy the driving experience. Also, while the dash isn't as nice as the HHR's you are getting pretty sweet seats!

Still, if I were to get a performance vehicle I'd be getting the HHR SS. Just show me another small car that can go that fast, for that price, and still have room for the Border Collie behind the rear seat!

barrie1

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 11:31:45 pm »
It was a 4dr that I drove in Oct and I never heard any ratles or strange noises at all coming from this car. All cars make more noises in the winter then the summer due to the colder temps we have as well. Most folks just turn up the radio and don't listen to the noises.  :)

Kajun78

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2009, 08:16:22 am »
It was a 4dr that I drove in Oct and I never heard any ratles or strange noises at all coming from this car. All cars make more noises in the winter then the summer due to the colder temps we have as well. Most folks just turn up the radio and don't listen to the noises.  :)

Ain't that the truth!

VolksWatch

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2009, 10:30:18 pm »
That Cobalt SS offers one heckuva bang for the buck!

:popo: