Author Topic: Kudos to a Subaru dealer!  (Read 1562 times)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Kudos to a Subaru dealer!
« on: December 30, 2008, 11:20:21 pm »
As some of you that read my posts on a regular basis (boredom, prison sentence?) I often slag Subaru for their network of crappy dealers.  Well, today, a Subaru dealer came through!

We're in the Okay-noggin, visiting relatives, skiing, climbing, and making our way back through the mountains to home for Monday.  Yesterday we went into the Monashees, up and down a "closed" logging road.  Very rough and difficult going to the trailhead, we were lucky to make it in and out with calling for extrication.  As I turned onto the highway, the wagon made a terrible "clunk-clunk" noise.  Uh, oh.  With every right turn, the noise was loud and very metal-on-metal.  I figured we'd pooched the right front axle (as well as wrecked the dumb plastic "skid plate" under the engine bay) and would need repair.  Of course, it's a short week and we're on the go.

Well, HillTop Subaru in Vernon came through.  They squeezed me in, found a new axle, and installed it.  In and out in about two hours.  Wow!  My Scoob is whole again and we're ready for more mountain adventures.  The tech took a look under the car and pronounced that no further damage was evident, and overall the service was outstanding.  Dropped off a giant box of TimBits for the guys, but I might do a bit more tomorrow on my way past.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
Re: Kudos to a Subaru dealer!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 01:01:01 am »
Good story and it's great to give recognition when it is due. Hilltop is a good dealership, and lot's of Kelowna ppl get their Subies there, rather than deal with the Kelowna shop (which is not nearly as good).  :thumbup: :thumbup:
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 02:05:32 am »
This got warrantied? ???
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 10:07:15 am »
This got warrantied? ???

I pretty sure he paid for this out of pocket. 

Great story, John.  I can't think of a worse feeling while traveling than being stranded far from home due to car problems.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 10:43:24 am »
..Wot i don't get is givin' Ov'r 50 an oversized box O' Tim Bits.................doesn't HE Ov'R Size everything!!! ;)...................

Nice story ...........renews yer faith in Aliens......signed  inmate # 14589564.............

seems like U "overdrove" tha Subie into a BAD SPOT tho'....................pushin' the envelope and all that......................with family aboard.............tut tut......... :cheers: :surrend: :spam:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 10:46:14 am by safristi »
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 10:51:56 am »
Hilltop is where I bought my Forester and it was the best purchasing experience I have ever had.  Have also had one service and it was ready before they said it would be.  Glad to see your service experience was as good.

They claim to be the oldest Subaru dealer in Western Canada.

BTW, has the Hyundai part of the dealership moved across the street yet?  That was my only concern, was how crowded the site was with both Subaru and Hyundai there.  The new dealership was not finished when I was there last.
2016 Subaru Forester XT

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 11:32:05 am »
Answers:

1. No, not warrantied, but they were fully booked and fit me in and got the job done quickly.

2. Hyundai is still there, and that place is crowded!!

3. My family were not in the car with me into the Monashees.  The we was myself and my ski/climbing partners.  I could have been more clear...