Author Topic: Made in Canada: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country  (Read 4549 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Made in Canada: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country
« on: April 28, 2010, 04:07:02 am »

Built in Windsor, Ontario, the seven-passenger Chrysler Town & Country minivan is loaded with comfort, safety and entertainment features to keep a big family happy, says Managing Editor, Grant Yoxon.  Current pricing discounts make it "a very good deal," he says.

Read More...

Offline Rupert

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +49/-160
    • View Profile
Re: Made in Canada: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:07:36 am »
The article about sums it up but would make the following comments after 2 years of use of the SXT.

The tow package is a first class option, I have found, that moves the Tow Rating up from 2000 LB to 3600 Lb and includes the load levelling struts, heavy duty rad and oil cooling and also a higher capacity alternator if my memory serves me correctly. The good thing about this package also is that I find it does not make the ride harder when not towing. The rear springs on this package are in fact softer and the Nivomat levelling struts take up the difference. The price of this package was very reasonable. I don't know about the long term reliability of these struts but so far for me they have lasted for going on 30,000km of towing including through the Rockies and back roads of Saskatchewan, with no seeming ill effects. When I shopped for my van, other brands did not seem to offer anything in this aspect of usage. Chrysler sales people did not seem to have much if any knowledge of this system or how it worked and the value of this offering.

The six speed automatic also seems to work very well and the autostick shifter is a wonder that sits simply on the dash to the side of the steering wheel. No fancy markings...just a simple little knob...but it works so well and can be operated by the driver without him having to take his hand off the steering wheel. I had auto-stick on an Intrepid but did not think much of it...tried it once or twice and then never used it for the next ten years; but this is a whole new story when mounted on the dash and when towing through hills. It is so easy to drop a notch by moving the leaver sideways to anticipate a hill and flip back up again when the need for a lower ratio has passed thus keeping your revs up. When not towing I don't use this feature...just letting the automatic go about it's business.

I only tow about 2000LB loaded trailer and the 3.8L engine handles this ok in 5th speed mostly. When towing you have to consider the GCWR as well as the tow rating and with all of the fluids included as well as the people and lugage this number might well be exceded if the full tow rating is used. The 4L was not available in the SXT when we bought.

Anyway these are aspects that Chrysler covers well and help to make this product a desireable one.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:00:55 pm by Rupert »

Offline Cory X

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Made in Canada: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:47:14 pm »
My mom had a 1998 Chrysler T&C until 2 years ago,290,000 kms never let her down,no major repairs either..Normal things such as,battery,tires,brakes,struts,oil changes.My sister has a 2002 with 160,000 k so far a cv joint and battery seems to be very reliable...Oh yes,my mom bought a 2008 model in late 07 so far 55,000 k and no issues as of yet...