Author Topic: Barrie's dream job!  (Read 19994 times)

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
Re: Barrie's dream job!
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2008, 12:36:43 pm »
tlc - I happen to agree with you BUT I have given up arguing with Barrie and trying to show him where he is wrong - he is totally union-brainwashed and many of his "facts" are not facts at all, but merely his opinion (however they are presented as fact). He will never "prove" his statements by giving a link or a reference.

Barrie is entitled to his "opinions" however wrong anyone thinks they are. I believe most posters on here recognize Barrie's posts for what they are. Arguing is futile and life's too short.... :P Move on.

In the area of maintenance/repairs/engines/etc Barrie is very good, very knowledgible and knows his stuff. In the area of finance/labor relations/company reporting/etc. Barrie is not very knowledgible (IMO).

Unions are great..this is an opinion.

still making profit for sure on every one of them

and

why don't they have the 100,00 pm warranties as well. This company is the only one that does so figure it out

Are staments of FACT. At best it makes the person delusional by assuming they know anything at worst it makes them a liar becuase they know its NOT true and they simply hope no one bothers to check.

But I guess that's the problem with internet boards isn't it. No consequence to being proven full of :censor:. In the real world most people would eventually become so embarassed byt everyone calling them out to their face they'd stop it or go away.
But your point is taken. I'll move on to more productive discussions now. Thanks

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2008, 01:01:04 pm »
Remember there is more to Ontario the Toronto ( yes Canada, and Toronto there is more to Ontario ;D)
My son has just got a house in Dartmouth this summer , he said there was not much to look at under $225,000

income tax is higher in NS, HST is higher then our PST & GST
Food in general appears to be more cost in NS
His car insurance is more when he moved out there

Tell me why the military gives employees a cost of $600 more then Trenton
I will to find the cost of living for all areas

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2008, 03:49:27 pm »
Remember there is more to Ontario the Toronto ( yes Canada, and Toronto there is more to Ontario ;D)
My son has just got a house in Dartmouth this summer , he said there was not much to look at under $225,000

income tax is higher in NS, HST is higher then our PST & GST
Food in general appears to be more cost in NS
His car insurance is more when he moved out there

Tell me why the military gives employees a cost of $600 more then Trenton
I will to find the cost of living for all areas

I live in Dartmouth. I've lived here for 10 years in Metro Halifax for 20 and in NS for 40. I think I have a fair idea of cost of living here. I spent considerable time in BC in various areas and most places when I compared cost of living mine was lower.

There is more to Nova Scotia than Halifax Dartmouth don't forget. I said that Michelin workers live in a low cost environment.

Their plants are in Bridgewater, Waterville, and Pictou County. Are you aware of the housing costs etc in these rural areas?

Anyways here is a link to housing in Metro Halifax. These look a little on the high side but don't forget that when you compare these you are looking at anywhere fromright downtown to about 30 minues from city center. Why are you comparing housing prices in Trenton 2 hours drive from Toronto with 20,000 people to Metro Halifax with 650,000 people.

I have no idea how the militry calculates their licving allowances. Does Trenton have military housing on base avalaible. There is effectivley none in Sherwater.

Anyways the cost of living for Michlin employees is relativley low. Wnat to go looking for data to prove me wrong be my guest.

I guess if 186 K for a 3500 sq foot 4/5 bedroom house within 15 minutes of the work place isn't inexpensive enough?http://donnaconrad2.point2agent.com/Habitant/Nova_Scotia/Homes/Kings_County/Habitant/Agent/Listing_1862232.html

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2008, 07:26:20 pm »
http://www.forces.gc.ca/dgcb/dppd/pld/engraph/canforgen061_08_e.asp?sidesection=8&sidecat=2

If your town is not listed you get no cost of living allowance
ALDERGROVE, 418, 314
CALGARY, 711, 533
CAMBRIDGE, 71, 53
COLD LAKE, 319, 239
EDMONTON, 684, 513
GUELPH, 167, 125
HALIFAX, 631, 473
HAMILTON, 414, 311
KAMLOOPS/KELOWNA, 525, 394
KITCHENER, 62, 47
LETHBRIDGE, 234, 176
MEAFORD, 77, 58
MEDICINE HAT, 145, 109
MONTREAL NORTH SHORE, 505, 379
MONTREAL SOUTH SHORE, 376, 282
MOOSE JAW, 284, 213
NANAIMO, 75, 56
QUEBEC CITY/VALCARTIER, 117, 88
RED DEER, 327, 245
REGINA, 62, 47
SASKATOON, 382, 287
SEPT-ILES, 107, 80
ST JOHNS, 149, 112
STRATFORD, 82, 62
TORONTO AREA ONE, 1485, 1114
TORONTO AREA TWO, 506, 380
TORONTO AREA THREE, 522, 392
TORONTO AREA FOUR, 819, 614
TORONTO AREA FIVE, 1167, 875
VANCOUVER, 1083, 812
VICTORIA/ESQUIMALT, 816, 612

So for Victoria a single person gets $816/month if you are spouse( common in law) is also in the force  each get $612/ month

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2008, 07:36:16 pm »

barrie1

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2008, 09:42:18 pm »
TLC its obvous you have never had a union job so what can you tell me about it. Absolutely 00000 is what you can tell me about it. rrocket you and all the companies in your city do have the right to Unionize if you wished to but chose not yet earn less money because of i. i guess you don;t feel you are worth any more then you earn it seems in my mind. The Caw folks are only making the wages they are because of all the 3% wage hikes they have received over the years and that did not happen every year at all. There is als a Cola arrangement which the US side gave up where we didn't because of a Health care benefit tradeoff. I believe its any company with 7 or more employees in Ont has the right to Unionize if they wish and the company cannot retaliate against them as it will be deemed ilegal. TLC you also have dragged a bunch of No's in now that i have never stated or even discussed so don't give me credit for statements which you now also wish to add.  :(

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2008, 10:38:01 pm »
TLC its obvous you have never had a union job so what can you tell me about it. Absolutely 00000 is what you can tell me about it. rrocket you and all the companies in your city do have the right to Unionize if you wished to but chose not yet earn less money because of i. i guess you don;t feel you are worth any more then you earn it seems in my mind. The Caw folks are only making the wages they are because of all the 3% wage hikes they have received over the years and that did not happen every year at all. There is als a Cola arrangement which the US side gave up where we didn't because of a Health care benefit tradeoff. I believe its any company with 7 or more employees in Ont has the right to Unionize if they wish and the company cannot retaliate against them as it will be deemed ilegal. TLC you also have dragged a bunch of No's in now that i have never stated or even discussed so don't give me credit for statements which you now also wish to add.  :(

Funny thing about message boards. You can't hide from things you said. All one needs to do is find the thread hit quote and copy and paste and everyone knows exactly what you said.  You can't hide from your own quotes.

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2008, 11:03:48 pm »
TLC its obvous you have never had a union job so what can you tell me about it. Absolutely 00000 is what you can tell me about it. rrocket you and all the companies in your city do have the right to Unionize if you wished to but chose not yet earn less money because of i.

Hmmm Even us stupid non union guys can do math.

Micchlin non union emp;loyees earn $1 per hour less than union employees in Ontario.

"CAW Constitution, the union dues payable by Seniority List employees is based on two hours and twenty minutes straight time pay:"
http://crwu.blogspot.com/2008/01/seniority-list-employees-weekly-union.html

So lets see an employees who earns 35k a year or 16.82 an hour makes 2080 BEFORE TAX less than a union employee.

However he pays 16.82 x 2.33 X 52 weeks in union dues or 2037.

So assuming a 25% tax rate the non union employee takes home 2080-2037 X.75

$32.25 a year OHHHHH what a bunch of slaves. Unions aren't free.

barrie1

« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2008, 10:15:27 pm »
No-body said they were free but they have rights and protection which many others who are not Unionized do not. These are worth the difference as they normally do pay better then non-union shops as well. Even the benefits are generally improved as well let alone the money end of it. Most union shops also have a better understanding of the injured or the sick worker as well and just don't flush them away when they have a problem unlike the majority of Non-unionized shops. Of course there are some very good decent companies but the majority would just flush a injured worker away if they can.  >:(

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2008, 11:15:12 pm »
No-body said they were free but they have rights and protection which many others who are not Unionized do not. These are worth the difference as they normally do pay better then non-union shops as well. Even the benefits are generally improved as well let alone the money end of it. Most union shops also have a better understanding of the injured or the sick worker as well and just don't flush them away when they have a problem unlike the majority of Non-unionized shops. Of course there are some very good decent companies but the majority would just flush a injured worker away if they can.  >:(

69% of workers in Canada are not unuonized. What do you know about how those companies treat those workers?

You have no basis for your staments. As usual.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2008, 01:14:26 pm »
"ONIONIZED" that's NOT appealing and .......... :'( :'( :'( :'(....Oh i'm verklempt............... :'( :'( :'( :'(
Time is to stop everything happening at once

barrie1

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2008, 03:08:13 pm »
Prove me wrong if you can TLC as its your turn to start proving everything you say as well. You want to harass me so its time to turn it around. From now on everything you state had better be backed up with the actual facts from a documented sourse or else I as well as many others possibly will consider you to be a liar.  ;)

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-440
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2008, 03:33:22 pm »
Barrie, TLC has provided more links and sources than you ever have or likely will ::)

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2008, 05:51:35 pm »
Prove me wrong if you can TLC as its your turn to start proving everything you say as well. You want to harass me so its time to turn it around. From now on everything you state had better be backed up with the actual facts from a documented sourse or else I as well as many others possibly will consider you to be a liar.  ;)

Oh, man....now I have heard everything.....the pot vs the kettle again.... ::) ::) ::)
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2008, 05:53:55 pm »

AHAHAHAHAH...that's the funniest thing ever Barrie.  Quit fooling around....you've never provided facts for anything...except from maybe the CAW newsletter... ::)  Seriously...you were just joking around, right??   :rofl:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2008, 01:00:48 am »
Funny thing about message bananas. You can't hide from bananas you said. All one needs to do is find the bananas hit quote and copy and paste and everyone bananas exactly what you said.  You can't hide from your own bananas.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2008, 12:15:49 pm »
Can't remember what he type said? Something awash-ed?  :think:

barrie1

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2008, 10:43:41 pm »
Theres been many a thing I have proven but obvously my sources are not believable to some of the Know it alls on here. Just because they say something does not make it true at all. This is a 2 way street on this one and I already know just how sad the arguement is on behalf of some of the posters who disfavour North America Products on a reg basis. I have not only heard so much crap and litterally have seen it as well. For folks who just want to keep insulting me then it just shows what you are actually on this site for and its certainly not vehicle related as you would stick to the same topics and let others have a view or say as well. No only you guys can be right which is very sad indeed and very immature as well.  :(

Offline duck

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +7/-157
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Scion xB
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2008, 01:06:11 am »
Did anyone see this?  ""Ontario GM plant earns J.D. Power award'''

http://www.canadiandriver.com/thenews/2008/09/25/ontario-gm-plant-earns-jd-power-award.htm

:)