Author Topic: Canadian Driver News Story on Cellphone use while driving - some sense at last  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Those that deny that the use of cell phones when driving is not detracting from the driving remind me of those who used to deny that cigarette smoking caused cancer. That was a popular trend in the '50s when Camel cigs even had an advert claiming that the majority of MEDICAL DOCTORS preferred to smoke Camels over other brands.

Same twisted logic IMO.  ::) ::)

But my grandfather smoked until he was 90, deck a day man ;D
Camels always smells bad :hurl:

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Those that deny that the use of cell phones when driving is not detracting from the driving remind me of those who used to deny that cigarette smoking caused cancer. That was a popular trend in the '50s when Camel cigs even had an advert claiming that  the majority of MEDICAL DOCTORS preferred to smoke Camels over other brands.

Same twisted logic IMO.  ::) ::)
We did not get that Ad in the UK but I have seen it.  IIRC it actually said

the majority of MEDICAL DOCTORS who smoke preferred to smoke Camels over other brands.

Those two little words probably saved many a lawsuit even in the less ligitious '50s.

As AirB says above. Camels always smell bad. The 4 legged ones smell far worse than the tobacco ones.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.