Author Topic: OMFG  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: OMFG
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 11:56:38 am »
No wonder people are leaving. The colonies are more British than Britain  :)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:45 am »
When we came here that was true.  Now Canada is more like a snapshot of the whole  British Empire pre WWII

The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

von_khan

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 12:16:54 pm »
When we came here that was true.  Now Canada is more like a snapshot of the whole  British Empire pre WWII

Except dogs and Indians are actually allowed..  :nono: :shake: :run:

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 12:35:31 pm »
?????????????????????   

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 07:56:29 pm »
I didn't read the entire thing, too hard on the eyes / brain.

But is it possible this guy is a recent immigrant to the U.K. and his English is not up to par. 

I'm just trying to imagine myself writing French, I would spell words as I think they're spelled not how they actually are. Take fore example the word Yes in French "oui", if I didn't know it's spelled like that, that's not how I would spell it. I assume that would go for a lot of you that are not French educated. Correct?

No, as it's all in teenage slang.  Unfortunately this is how some kids are actually writing their exam papers these days...

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

von_khan

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 07:58:48 pm »
?????????????????????   

Old tidbit from the Empire. At British clubs and establishments across the Empire you'd see signs prohbiting locals and lpets from entering. Hence the famous Dogs and Africans/Indians/Arabs not allowed signage.

Jameel

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 10:11:07 pm »
I didn't read the entire thing, too hard on the eyes / brain.

But is it possible this guy is a recent immigrant to the U.K. and his English is not up to par. 

I'm just trying to imagine myself writing French, I would spell words as I think they're spelled not how they actually are. Take fore example the word Yes in French "oui", if I didn't know it's spelled like that, that's not how I would spell it. I assume that would go for a lot of you that are not French educated. Correct?

No, as it's all in teenage slang.  Unfortunately this is how some kids are actually writing their exam papers these days...

If that's the case, I hope the teachers / profs are giving them a zero on their exam papers.

I really hate this type of slang speak. It's really annoying.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 10:12:45 pm »
Reminds me of when there was that whole push for "Ebonics" teaching at some US schools....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...