Author Topic: Auto Tech: Gasoline  (Read 4219 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Auto Tech: Gasoline
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 01:00:55 pm »
 :iagree:  I'd always used Sunoco 94....partly 'cos there was a station 2 blocks away...and I figured Millie needed Premium Plus fer the small Supercharged Miller engine....then 2 things happened......the Sunoco station closed..new one miles across town....and i went to Myrtle beach fer a winter golf holiday and seemed to hit  only BP or Shell stations on the way......mileage went up (even discounting Hi_way trippin'  local mileage in M/Beach improved ,.....)...since then i've been goin' with tha cheapest premium at the 7/11;Macs Milk outlets that are havin' a wee price WAR....

Must say I'm not sure how long i'll stay away from Sunoco94..great in Winter wif tha built in "antifreeze" and the emission tests (required every 2 years here in Ontario) have been Clean..KLEEN..GREAT....is it the Sunoco..who knows..i give it most of the kudos tho'.....and on full bore acceleration it takes off REAL GOOD!!!! on the Hyper_JUICE.......here endeth the HEARSAY lesson my children....go forth and multiplex.......... ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Greg B.

Re: Auto Tech: Gasoline
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 07:15:48 am »
I made a point of visiting a Shell station yesterday to fill up since their network here is spotty at best (normally I use Esso because they are close by) and I noticed the only V-Power indication on the pump was for the Gold (premium) gas. Do their other grades also have any sort of similar additive package?