Author Topic: The $100 tankful is old news to us but....  (Read 4154 times)

xviper

Re: The $100 tankful is old news to us but....
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 04:28:05 pm »
I don't think one buys the Mini for it's fuel economy anyway. If it gets "decent" fuel economy, that's a bonus to me.
Maybe if that "one" is you, but people do buy Minis for fuel economy.  They buy it because it's a bit of nostalgia, but if they were a gas sucking pigs, they would not be buying them in as nearly the quantities that they are.  If they only came as blown "Cooper S" models, there wouldn't be as many Minis on the road today.  There are a lot of non-blown Minis around.  In fact, those are in the top few best fuel economy cars sold in N. America.  See here:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bestworst.shtml
There are many people who put much credence upon such data when buying cars.  One shouldn't make assumptions of other peoples' buying priorities just because one is willing to own and drive a BMW at any cost.  This is just as asinine as having the opinion that a person shouldn't make comment on a vehicle just because he doesn't own or drive one.   ::)

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 09:46:34 pm »
I don't think one buys the Mini for it's fuel economy anyway. If it gets "decent" fuel economy, that's a bonus to me.
Maybe if that "one" is you, but people do buy Minis for fuel economy.  They buy it because it's a bit of nostalgia, but if they were a gas sucking pigs, they would not be buying them in as nearly the quantities that they are.  If they only came as blown "Cooper S" models, there wouldn't be as many Minis on the road today.  There are a lot of non-blown Minis around.  In fact, those are in the top few best fuel economy cars sold in N. America.  See here:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bestworst.shtml
There are many people who put much credence upon such data when buying cars.  One shouldn't make assumptions of other peoples' buying priorities just because one is willing to own and drive a BMW at any cost.  This is just as asinine as having the opinion that a person shouldn't make comment on a vehicle just because he doesn't own or drive one.   ::)

What's eating your as$, fella???

All I was saying is that the ppl I know with Minis, S or otherwise, didn't buy them with fuel economy as the prime objective. They bought them to drive them hard and have fun. If they obtain fuel economy in saner driving, it's fine with them. The Mini is a "Premium" small car, with a premium price and uses premium gas. Most fuel economy minded folk don't gravitate to a Mini, at least the ones I know.  ???

And as well, I didn't realize my owning a BMW had anything to do with you? Asinine? Relax, you're wrapped much too tight.  ::) ::)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 09:58:10 pm by ovr50 »
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 06:12:28 am »
OVR, I REALLY don't think that is an attack on you.  It sounds general to me.  TONS of people make the comment "How do you know, you don't own or drive that type of car X".  BMW == MINI.

Why is everyone so sensitive? 

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 06:19:08 am »

Why is everyone so sensitive? 
I wonder that as well.  Reached a peak then a few people  left but hasn't eased off since....weird, even if one discounts the "fanboy rage" threads.   Maybe we have all changed from nice polite Canadians into Americans over the last year.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 12:36:45 pm »
OVR, I REALLY don't think that is an attack on you.  It sounds general to me.  TONS of people make the comment "How do you know, you don't own or drive that type of car X".  BMW == MINI.

Yup, that's the way I read it, too. 

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 02:13:15 pm »
..Ya'll need ta Yank yer tank...............and release tha Demons.....SPEED ..if ya have ta!!!... >:D.............
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 01:04:37 pm »
 ??? where are the Tequila Cup holders....?????.... ::) :P ya BOY RACER...... ;)... I've taken Sensitivity Training   ............so look _OUT ...I'm ready ta KICK_ARSE..... :bang: :pimp: :bounce: :foil: :banana: :banana: :banana: >:D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:07:15 pm by safristi »