Author Topic: The Ten Ugliest Cars Currently Sold In The United States  (Read 6447 times)

gottarondo

Re: The Ten Ugliest Cars Currently Sold In The United States
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2008, 09:52:48 pm »
From the site:  "We don't mind cars that combine form and function, but the entire purpose of the Toyota Prius' sheet metal seems to prove the driver has such a strong commitment to the environment they'll be seen in something so awkward looking."

Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

I saw my first 2009 Matrix today and while I don't think it is ugly, precisely, it seems like a rolling package of bad decisions.  It was parked, and looking through the car at the rear pillars it seems as though they are trying to win the award for biggest blind spot, aggravated by the even higher belt line.  I think I'll stop whining about not being able to see enough out of the Rondo, and concentrate of staying out of Matrix blind spots. 

And how did the BMW X6 not get on this list?  I had a closer look at one the other day when I parked behind it, and I could find no rationale for its appearance. 

But I LIKE the old Scions!  I suppose it falls into the Rondo taste demographic.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 01:57:52 pm »
I rather like a number of the vehicles on the list and discussed, including the Rondo, Murano, Pilot (better than the old vanilla box), coming around to the Focus Sedan (can't stand that coupe) as basic transport for the masses, Flex, Prius, 1-Series, and Tribeca.

Don't like the Uplander, Focus Coupe, Sebring, Impreza Sedan base model, Compass, base Matrix (looks cheaper and an odd high whaleish front, whereas the base Vibe's front works by comparison), and some other models out there.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 02:14:32 pm by sirAQUAMAN64 »
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008, 07:33:54 pm »
The base Impreza sedan is awfully weak appearance-wise. 

The Impreza hatch is a nice looking car, far more appealing than the hideous Nissan Versa IMO

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 12:32:32 pm »
I do like the hatch.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 12:55:48 pm »
The Impreza hatch is quite nice, especially from the rear.  The taillight group works very well.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2008, 12:56:48 pm »
 yer such a wee angel....
Time is to stop everything happening at once