Author Topic: Fighting Speeding Tickets in Ontario  (Read 39924 times)

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: Fighting Speeding Tickets in Ontario
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2008, 02:52:50 pm »
Well then, there you have it. Since the OPP are rolling speed traps then I guess ALL police are rolling speed traps.

To compare highway patrol to city policing is another dumb comparison.

Do you ever venture outside of Hamilton  ???

Classic case in point.  Highway 10 north of Orangeville.  Wide and straight 4 lane highway with low traffic volume.  Sure enough on a regular basis OPP with hand held laser gun on a trip pod with 3 cruisers sitting just downstream in catch position.  This is one of those ridiculous 80 kph 4 lane highways so you know the tickets will be Fantino nasty.  Of course if the weather is lousy the coast is clear.

So this is a classic case of using 4 cops, 4 cruisers to generate $1000 of dollars per hour for what purpose other than just that.

Catching criminals by attacking the route of crime is taxpayers money better spent.  Leave motorists alone who are just trying to go from point A to point B at a reasonable speed.

Of course this will only get worse.  Police, like any other governmental agency are like water.  They have learned to take the course of least resistance.  It's not to be blamed on the rank and file.  It's an institutional thing.  :)

Offline The Fuzz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1/-2
  • Will not fix tickets for donuts, carrots or b**bs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2008, 02:12:52 pm »
 ::) I hope you comprehend what your customers on your lot are saying better than you comprehend what I've said around here.
Everyone hates us until they need us.

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 03:18:23 pm »
If you're speeding - to me, that means going substantially faster than the flow of traffic, or going too fast in a school or residential zone, - and get caught, you're going to pay a price. Nothing wrong with that IMHO, it keeps us all a little bit safer and hopefully teaches a few lessons at the same time.

'Speeding' while driving for the conditions and with the flow of traffic is another thing altogether. Even then, paying attention to what's going on around you and knowing what to look for will usually save your butt. More than once I've sailed right through speed-traps where people in front of and behind me were pulled over. In over 30 years of driving, not one ticket.
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson