Author Topic: Meet the new TL...Wetson, be glad you got a 2008  (Read 8324 times)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: Meet the new TL...Wetson, be glad you got a 2008
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 05:43:27 pm »
I prefer the perspective from the inside looking out as to the view form the outside looking in.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 07:04:42 pm »
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/11/2009-acura-tl-shows-its-face-awd-confirmed/

Yikes. 

On the other hand, Acura confirmed that it will feature the marque's "most powerful engine ever," and SH-AWD will be available.

Is it me or does that grill look like it's not gonna let much air in to cool anything down..?

Compared to the euro one the gap is much smaller.  ???

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Zoo

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-0
  • Always hungry..
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 HHR, 2007 Yaris, 1981 CB 750 Custom
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 09:03:44 pm »
Maybe it'll look better in person.

The new TSX sure doesn't.  I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anyone care to guess how many buttons will be on the steering wheel and center console?  I'm guessing 19 and 64.

:iagree:
What's up with Honda with their new interiors? Remember when Honda was all about straightforward ergonomics and simple interior designs that worked? Large, legible gauges and simple HVAC controls that were easy to use. Nowadays the interiors are starting to look like jet fighters or something. Maybe they hired some former Pontiac interior designers or something. I was looking forward to the new Fit then I saw the butchered interior and now I am underwhelmed.

They still make amazing powerplants but their styling department has lost their compass. :P

gmgod

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 09:16:53 pm »
I prefer the perspective from the inside looking out as to the view form the outside looking in.

Kinda like when your mommy locks you in your room.

gmgod

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 09:19:07 pm »
Worst looking car I have ever seen. CTS sales should skyrocket!!! :rofl:

Offline 99 Silver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-8
  • Dog lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 10:28:54 pm »
Order that sucker in orange, and it will be the biggest Halloween JackOLantern you've ever seen.....!!!

I honestly do not like the styling trend that Honda and Acura are on today. Most of their new designs are inferior to their past work IMO.  ???

Jerry
Kitchener
13 Boxster
17 Lexus RX350
In the past: 12 Acura TL, 04 MazdaSpeed Miata, 07 Infiniti M35, 05 Infiniti G35x, 03 Infiniti G35, 99 Acura 3.2TL, 99 Miata, 95 Chrysler Sebring, 93 Ford Probe GT, 93 Chrysler Concorde, 89 Taurus SHO, 86 Taurus, 79 Mazda RX7

Mitlov

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 11:08:11 pm »

Right.  And once interior shots have been released, I might agree.  Do you really prefer speculating about stuff we know nothing about instead of talking about what we DO have information on (i.e., exterior design)?

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008, 08:57:25 am »

Right.  And once interior shots have been released, I might agree.  Do you really prefer speculating about stuff we know nothing about instead of talking about what we DO have information on (i.e., exterior design)?

I should clarify; it was a general statement not specifically targeting the TL.

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 09:51:43 am »
Maybe it'll look better in person.

The new TSX sure doesn't.  I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anyone care to guess how many buttons will be on the steering wheel and center console?  I'm guessing 19 and 64.

What's up with Honda with their new interiors? Remember when Honda was all about straightforward ergonomics and simple interior designs that worked? Large, legible gauges and simple HVAC controls that were easy to use. Nowadays the interiors are starting to look like jet fighters or something. Maybe they hired some former Pontiac interior designers or something. I was looking forward to the new Fit then I saw the butchered interior and now I am underwhelmed.

They still make amazing powerplants but their styling department has lost their compass. :P
Question.  Have you sat in one of the new Hondas for a few minutes and checked the controls out or just in pictures?  Because in pictures I see where you're coming from...theres a ton of buttons and it looks like the ergonomics are bad.  But in person its a different story.  My parents have an 08 Accord and when you sit down in there the buttons are huge, easy to press, give good feedback, and they are almost immediately obvious what they do.  My Corolla looks like it has fewer buttons but thats because some of them are smaller and harder to press (although they still give good feedback).

I noticed the TSX looks like its a huge array of confusing buttons but then I looked at it harder, realized its basically the same layout as the North American 08 Accord and realized everything is generally well placed.

If you've sat in one and still fee the same way then I completely respect your opinion...I'm just saying that it was a bit different for me in person than in pictures.  The styling is also subjective and I like the swept jet cockpit look :)