Author Topic: Low flush toilets are the S**ts  (Read 10250 times)

Offline 99 Silver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-8
  • Dog lover
    • View Profile
Re: Low flush toilets are the S**ts
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 10:32:54 pm »
I used to build a lot of houses and decided to go low flush toilets in 1992 yaers before the code change required them.  At that time I had to import them from the US as there were none made in Canada.  I did my original research on models with Consumer Reports magazine.

I know from past experience that nothing drives customers more crazy than toilet problems.  I brought in three different toilets for testing and installed them in my construction trailers for a test period.  These are all pretty big guys with big appetites so you get the picture  :-\.  I had a "log" book in each bathroom for the boys to describe their experiences.

I picked the best one and installed hundreds of them with minimal complaints.  Since then, all manufacturers are making them.
Jerry
Kitchener
13 Boxster
17 Lexus RX350
In the past: 12 Acura TL, 04 MazdaSpeed Miata, 07 Infiniti M35, 05 Infiniti G35x, 03 Infiniti G35, 99 Acura 3.2TL, 99 Miata, 95 Chrysler Sebring, 93 Ford Probe GT, 93 Chrysler Concorde, 89 Taurus SHO, 86 Taurus, 79 Mazda RX7

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 10:43:21 pm »
I'm in the (very long) process of doing a basement reno and have done a lot of research on the subject. As has been mentioned, Toto seems to be the brand most often touted as the best. This is an area where Canada lags way behind the U.S. as they have had low flow toilets mandated for years. The consensus appears to be that top quality low flow toilets work just fine but that models from a decade or more ago when first mandated barely worked at all. I saw a dual flush (6L/3L) model in a home improvement store last weekend. This seems like a really good solution to minimize water use.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 12:14:09 am »
Eat less.

Problem solved.  ;)

barrie1

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 12:36:13 am »
We installed a Crane toilet in our home about 7 years ago now with a air induction system which adds much more force to the flushing water so it usually does the job completely the 1st time. Overall it works fairly well but sometimes you do have to hit it a 2nd time but I am water ahead with it versus the old 10 gal type for every flush.  :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 01:44:14 pm »
a CRANE terlitt!!!.......yer a HIGH ROLLER eh!!! ;D :o :rofl2:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Wolfe

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 03:02:53 pm »
The fish seem to prefer the low flush model :rofl:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 03:37:21 pm »
 ???constipated Yuppies GUPPIES........... ;) i swear I felt a PIRANNHA :o....

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 01:47:53 am »
I've got three low-flush toilets, not sure of the brand. The problem with them isn't the flush, it's the low water level. The shiit hits the bowl not the water, leaving skid marks behind. Maybe I just need to adjust my aim... ;D
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 05:59:08 am »
I have had a Toto for 4 years and a Cadet 3 for a few months downstairs, the Toto is the best but the Cadet is still very good.

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 06:45:55 am »
I've got three low-flush toilets, not sure of the brand. The problem with them isn't the flush, it's the low water level. The shiit hits the bowl not the water, leaving skid marks behind. Maybe I just need to adjust my aim... ;D

That is a secondary problem I experiance but did not mention initially. So even when I am lucky enough that it flushes I still left with a mess that requires clean-up and 2nd flush. So every major event requires 2 flushes and sometimes 3.

For the record I have 2 Aquadis toilets  & 1 Mansfield toilet. The Mansfield might flush a slight bit lttle better than the Aquadis. The Aquadis are beautiful looking one piece units (2 different models). They look quite high end and impressed us when we were buying the house.

Because the house was renovated when I bought it I did not pick them. Myabe I would have bought the wrong toilet as well because I do not know too many stores that let you have a crapper right there to try out the products. Now thanks to think thread I have some brand names to shoot for. Now I have to decide if this frustrates me enough to change them all.

I think the world is a better place thanks to this thread :rofl:

If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 12:46:29 pm »
  Drop 'em Aim and SQUEEZE tha  TRIGGER................. :rofl2:

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 03:13:55 pm »

I have that problem with my small children who sit too close to the front.  I guess they're afraid to fall in.  I'm training them to use the toilet scrub brush.   :)