Author Topic: CD article: 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring  (Read 5942 times)

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-31
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
CD article: 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring
« on: September 07, 2007, 06:05:30 pm »
Discuss the article here.
I used to work here.

avtoller

Re: CD article: 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 06:11:32 pm »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? And that article is where?

Offline odman

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:30:40 pm »
There was a problem with the link from the story. It's here...
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jm/07odyssey.htm

Jil says one pays heavily for the quality, but is the quality even really there? Honda has a great reputation for quality, and the Ody wins in most comparison reviews, but Consumer Reports shows that the quality just isn't there, especially compared to the Sienna. As with the 2nd Gen Ody, quality slipped for the first couple of years, but it hasn't picked up yet, and is only rated as average. I expected better. I tend to keep the cars a long time, so quality matters a lot to me.

Also, although the EPA ratings are essentially the same, on Edmund's and other boards it seems there is a lot more variability in terms of fuel economy with several reporting as low as 12mpg. I'm glad Jil did better with hers.

I like that VSC is standard (Sienna offers this for 2008) and I like the jump seat in the EX and EX-L models but wonder whether that makes as much sense as an 8-seat Sienna (can't get with leather). Ground clearance is minimal, especially with a hitch receiver hanging off the back. Sienna isn't any better.

mdxtasy

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 12:47:28 am »
New Touring owner here, and I can't really disagree with the comments in the article.  We've been happy with the van so far and my previous experiences with Honda has given me confidence in their overall long term reliability.  Really impressed and the Honda Touring is almost as nice as the Acura MDX we had previously. 

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 01:11:38 am »
Our 05' Ody EX has been great. It has had a few warranty issues, power steering pump, horn, rattles, windshield moldings...but it was a first year model. I love the way it drives and handles for a minivan, more so than the Sienna. The Odyssey has a more sporty feel compared to the Sienna, which is more soft.

But I do admit...the quality, especially the interior, isn't as good as previous Hondas I have owned. My 2001 Accord has better interior materials than my Odyssey.

JBrill

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 09:42:41 am »
Thanks for the article.

I must say I'm now down to the Honda Odyssey Touring ($48k) and the Hyundai Entourage GLS Leather ($39k) (Toyota Sienna with Leather is only available in the XLE AWD at $51k???).

I'm still exploring the US route for the Honda Odyssey for a good price (financing being the trickiest issue) and there isn't much incentive to do that for the Hyundai as it isn't built in North America and face import duty giving it only a $2-3k advantage in the states and after financing (0.9% at CDN dealer vs prime +1.5% bank loan), the advantage disappears.

The other issue is the 08's for Honda are just down the road.  Do I gamble and hope 07 Tourings are still on the lot motivated to be sold or hope the 08's are even better :)

JB

mdxtasy

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 03:16:02 am »
There are currently some incentives for the remaining 07's.  If you're serious about the Ody, PM me and I can send you the CCC report.  I should still have it somewhere.

Shemp

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 08:14:30 am »
Definitely the worst looking minivan inside and out on the market. :( It looks fat and bloated on the outside and the dasboard is just plain disgusting. I would save face and buy a new GM crossover. ;D

JBrill

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 10:14:41 am »
Definitely the worst looking minivan inside and out on the market. :( It looks fat and bloated on the outside and the dasboard is just plain disgusting. I would save face and buy a new GM crossover. ;D

Funny, my opinion is almost the exact opposite.  Exterior wise, I find the Honda to be the best styling and dashboard wise, the only thing missing is a bit of simulated wood trim.

JB

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 10:21:22 am »

Its too bad its one of the top rated minivans on the market. I guess you haven't seen the new Caravan...now that thing is ugly.

Are you working for Barrie by any chance?  :rofl:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:23:09 am by 2hondas »

Shemp

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 11:21:40 am »

Its too bad its one of the top rated minivans on the market. I guess you haven't seen the new Caravan...now that thing is ugly.

Are you working for Barrie by any chance?  :rofl:

I wouldn't say that too loudly. Barrie doesn't like me very much. ??? :'(
I went to the dodge website and had a look. NOT BAD! Inside and out its head and shoulders over the Honda. LOVE the ambient lighting!!!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 11:34:04 am by Shemp »