Author Topic: Honda Canada announces Civic Hybrid pricing  (Read 2243 times)

PeterPuck1

Honda Canada announces Civic Hybrid pricing
« on: October 31, 2005, 03:05:17 pm »
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/051031-1.htm

Honda Canada announces Civic Hybrid pricing

Toronto, Ontario – Honda Canada has announced that the all-new 2006 Civic Hybrid will have a suggested retail price of $25,800, which the company says is Canada's most affordable hybrid.
etc.

Any more news on what this model will include? Last year it was $28,500 ... a price which meant it didn't make it on our short list. Now? Maybe. IF only the government would kick in some more incentives to 'Buy Green'!

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Re: Honda Canada announces Civic Hybrid pricing
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 03:16:37 pm »
With the lower pricing and better fuel economy that car might actually make sense for once.

Compared to driving a car that gets 10L/100km in the city this car would cost you half in fuel!  Even if you drive a modest 15000km a year that's around $700 in fuel savings.

Although only about $100-$200 over the regular civic.

robarakira

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 03:29:31 pm »
repost, but i'll go with it.

interesting to note the 'murican freight and PDI is $550 USD

ours is $1,225 CAD

hondasalesguy

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 10:51:29 pm »
For $25,800 the car has basically the same features as a Civic LX, loaded except sunroof. Your wheel size is 15" on the Hybrid but the wheels are alloys. You get turn signals in the side mirrors and all other expected features such as cimate control A/C, CVT transmission, power windows/mirrors/locks, cruise, tilt/telescopic wheel, remote kyless entry, high power CD player, ABS and 6 airbags.

At only $2800+ tax more than a high end Civic EX, less the $1000 PST credit, the numbers are making more sense and looks like Honda Canada actually expects to sell some Hybrids for 2006.

crolly

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 11:07:05 pm »
:iagree:

pricing for this hybrid vehicle is just right to tip the scales to it's favor.  kudos to honda.  this will force toyota to bring down the price on entry level hybrids too... like a hybrid corolla or matrix or yaris even.

hyundai won't be far behind with their own hybrid for sure... then the price war will heat up even more!

consumer wins!... (waiting sucks though)  :)

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 02:20:03 am »
repost, but i'll go with it.

interesting to note the 'murican freight and PDI is $550 USD

ours is $1,225 CAD

Canadian civics are $735. freight and $490. in PDI.  They include both numbers to confuse buyers. :P  PDI is negotiable.

boytoys

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 09:06:37 pm »
Pricing is acceptable now to my liking.. I have always considered a hybrid...but pricing was that i have to drive many kms and possibly over many years in order to have the benefit..

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 11:02:22 am »
I wouldn't really consider a hybrid b/c of the battery packs, but this pricing is really attractive. I've always liked the Prius more, but the Civic is more economically viable to most and easier to quantify the savings vs the price premium. Toyota is wise to keep the Prius visibly a hybrid-only car tho. Also, Prius is a hatch with a folding rear seat, whereas I don't belive the Civic's rear seat can fold. That alone would tip the favour to Prius for me. And I like the Prius's look too.

I'm sure most people don't like the Hybrid alloy pie plates, but I certainly do. Honda has always had funky aluminium wheels on their most fuel efficient cars - from the CRX HX with basically no wheel covers or anything, to the Civic VX with the thin multispoke aluminium jobbers, to the outgoing Civic Hybrid and Accord, to this. They're funky. Nice touch to have the mirror turn signals too.

What I DO miss is the deletion of the manual transmission model. Was the only manual hybrid, and I thought that was kind of neat. An enthusiast could have fun being an eco-minded individual.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline philmcneal

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-12
  • Hypermiler Enthusiast & E-Store Owner
    • View Profile
    • Do you believe that a bidet can increase your quality of life?
  • Cars: 2004 Toyota Prius, Town and Country Minivan, Chrysler 200,
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 05:43:07 pm »
honda and toyota claim their batteries will last the lifetime of a vechicle... and so far that has been proven true so put all that false lies to the ground!
The best car is one that is cheap to operate. If you are curious about bidets please visit my web site on how they can improve your quality of life!