Author Topic: weird flat... help?  (Read 1474 times)

richal

weird flat... help?
« on: October 04, 2005, 01:58:01 am »
For the past couple of weeks I have been getting intermittent flats on my left front rim. The first time it went flat, I took it to Canadian Tire and they checked it in the water well thingy for leaks, punctures, and found none. So for the next few days, the tire is ok, but then one morning I find it is flat again. I suspected a problem with the rim and had it taken to another garage where the tire was removed, rim sanded down (i think, my dad took it in, i was at work), and tire put back on (backwards too, inside facing out). Same thing happens - its ok for a few days and then goes flat. I notice that the tire goes flat only in a certain position - that is - the area of the tire touching the ground is the same each time, so maybe its not seated correctly? Can a rim warp? I'm having it taken in again soon, but any ideas would be appreciated.

btw, I drive a 2005 Matrix with 16" Eagle RSAs on stock aluminum rims.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: weird flat... help?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 10:29:37 am »
Don't forget to check your valve, make sure it doesn't stick and is fully seated. I currently have a sticky valve in my motorcycle. It behaves like you mentioned.