Author Topic: Slow tire leak help  (Read 3737 times)

jbbadboy

Slow tire leak help
« on: October 01, 2005, 10:08:01 pm »
Hey everyone!

I bought a set of 4 Michelin Hydroedge tires last winter (December I think) for my 1997 Monte Carlo Z34 and have been happy with them.

However, I have one tire which continually needs air. I have to put air in it every week to week and a half to keep it properly inflated. It doesn't go flat but it does look like it has lost air.

If I took it back to where I bought the tires, do you think they will charge me for repairs? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

smainville

Re: Slow tire leak help
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 10:18:03 pm »
I'm assuming these are on mag wheels.  If re-sealing does not do it you may have to get a radial tube installed. 

jbbadboy

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 10:22:13 pm »
Actually, I have the stock rims. I've put about 20,000km's on the tires so far.

smainville

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 10:29:57 pm »
Has anyone looked at them?  A bad valve, a defective rim weld.  The whole assembly should be immersed in water to check for leaks.

morty

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 01:50:42 am »
Perhaps you have a nail...All you might need is a flat repair. Just visit a shop and have it checked out.

jbbadboy

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 09:46:20 am »
Thanks for your help guys!

zeeboy47

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 10:30:08 am »
Just had the same problem with my GC. drove the repair man bonkers :banghead:

I finally rememberd some of the tricks I used in my previous life as a gas station flunky, and asked him to wobble the valve a bit, and sure enough the bubbles came up very slowly. The problem was with the valve seat.

I was lucky that they had repaired a flat to the same tire last year, and they decided that the tire repair was under warranty. It pays to deal with one spot ;D regarding your service.