Author Topic: Help leasing a 2005 Honda CR-V  (Read 1898 times)

Noformerka

Help leasing a 2005 Honda CR-V
« on: February 03, 2005, 05:11:55 pm »
I am new with this forum this is my first post.

I am thinking of leasing a Honda CRV EX 2005 automatic. The lowest price I could get was about 5.5% less than the MSRP with the residual and finance rates as posted at the Honda Canada web site. (i.e. Res=$16,014.00, Rate=4.9%, 24,000km/yr). Comes out to $477/month taxes in. (Per February 2005 numbers)

I heard last years rates were as high as 6.4% so I figure this looks not too bad. Also by surfing various web sites I read January and February are good months to get a good price.

My problem is I would like to wait until mid-April before I make my move.

I know no one can predict the future, but what can I expect in April? Obviously the Honda dealers are telling me I better buy now, but I would like an objective opinion.

Any comment would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

JF

Ericthejet

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 05:22:30 pm »
May is the month with the greatest number of vechiles sold in Canada, according to stats.  I don't think things are going to change that much in 2 months either.  It's a good choice.  
Welcome

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 06:30:10 pm »
noformerka, when you lease, payments change little through the year, and as the model year marches on if they do change they usually do so to the benfit of the consumer.

The interest rate in April or May will likely be lower than it is now, but the residual value will also drop, and the changes usually wash themselves out in the final payment.  The lower residual/rate scenario is advantageous to the consumer even if the the payment stays the same if you intend to purchase the vehicle at lease end, the amount of course will be less than now.  If you have no intention of keeping it, it makes no difference.
Come May however, selection for options and colour may be more restrictive than today, and the dealer may not offer the generous discount.

Offline bob

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 06:35:00 pm »
Do it now!!!

Did I mention I work at a Honda dealership???

Actually, my feeling is that because sales tend to be slower at this time of year, you may be able to work a bit more into the deal than you would when the cars are driving themselves out the door. As for the interest rate changing... That is hard to say, but I would think your safe waiting...