Author Topic: Lexmark Indy 300  (Read 2794 times)

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
Lexmark Indy 300
« on: October 23, 2004, 11:10:33 am »
Check your listings, the race is (hallelujah) going to be live on TSN tonight!!!

Seabass took the Provisional pole thursday nite, Carp crashed and shortened the session, PT was on a hot lap and was second.

Q2 was Friday night, and PT was the class of the field, followed by Junquera.  So it will be PT and sEabass row 1.

Should be a good race!

Next round Mexico in 2 weeks.

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
Lexmark Indy 300
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 11:06:23 am »
Pt led first half, spun under braking, finished 4th

Junquera won, Seabass 2nd.  Championship will be decided at the final race Nov 7 in Mexico.

Patrick Carpentier crashed heavily in the final laps, forcing the race to finish under yellow.

Pat had damaged his front wing early on, but seemed to be doing ok and was competitive regardless, on a long straight away, the wing failed and went under the car, having it gig 60 degrees left into the wall at 120 mph.  His car then proceeded to ski down the track (wheels all pounded off) for 300 metres into the tire barrier, coming to rest a few feet from the safety team. He was knocked unconscious, but at last report is awake, alert, and aside from a slight concusion is uninjured.  Amazing.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Lexmark Indy 300
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 12:50:09 pm »
Fack…I was too busy working on my Honey do list ….my HDTV sat idle all weekend. I will make an effort to watch the Mexico race.