Author Topic: Vegas  (Read 2927 times)

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
Vegas
« on: September 25, 2004, 11:13:30 am »
Patreek CArpentier takes the pole for the Corona 400 tonight at LVMS.  I watched 2 hours of practice last night on Race Director.

There has been some concern by the "fanatics" about the use of the road course wings on the oval.  Top speed was 206 mph, and the cars are going pretty much flat out all the way around, rather IRL esque.  Speedway wings of old would have had lap speeds around 220 likely.

I was relieved in practice to see very little dangerous 3 wide racing, and lots of passing.  With the push to pass button, we should see great racing tonight.

Race is tape delayed TSN for 8 am Sunday morning.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
Vegas
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 01:18:35 pm »
I hope that's your time because at 8 I hope to be watching the Chinese Noodles GP.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Vegas
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 10:25:35 am »
Inco I heard the humidity is causing the F1's to PING and Villeneuve being stale will PONG...so if it's PING-PONG who will WIN????
  OLd Patty on the Carpet BOY has swung over to IRL..must fancy Darios RIDE!!!...
Time is to stop everything happening at once