Author Topic: Another Canadian in Champcars  (Read 4460 times)

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
Another Canadian in Champcars
« on: October 19, 2004, 03:21:46 pm »
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8429

Michael Valliente.  Gobs of talent, will get to start in the season ending race in Mexico.  He was supposed to get "his shot" last year at Fontana, but the race was cancelled due to the CA fires.

Carp may be out, Valliente will be good to ensure strong CDN pressence in the series.

Offline Drivesideways

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 03:31:56 pm »
Thanks for the update, Neil.  I saw him race in Vancouver in the Atlantic series and he was quite impressive.  Although it never hurts to be on a strong team, and that Lynx team always seems to be at or near the top.

Good luck to the next Great Hoser Hope!
"PC Load Letter...what the f_ck does that mean?"

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 07:52:55 pm »
Agreed, this will help fuel continued interest in this series. Champ Cars are toughing out his storm…..I see clear skies ahead.

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 01:37:24 pm »
Race this weekend, Haven't checked the TV sked, Surfer's Paradise Austrailia.  300k expected for the weekend.

Thebigbadwolf

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 06:59:34 pm »
Michael is a good friend of mine. Unlike some of the current drivers on the grid, Michael definitely has the talent. When he lost the gig at Rocketsports this season to Memo Gidley and later, Guy Smith, that sucked. Especially when you consider that Michael is one of the few drivers that gets along with the often grumpy Alex Tagliani. He then had a deal worked out at Conquest to replace Alex Sperafico, but Nelson Phillipe slid in at the last second with a big cheque to snipe the deal from Valiante. It would have allowed Michael to get a few races under his belt. He will be saddled with a Reynard at Mexico, but at least he is racing!

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 12:34:22 am »
cool BBW.  Keep us posted if MV thinks things look good for a ride in '05!!! I'd love to see him there....

Maybe you can convince his to come to a Q and A at Crappy Chat at Champcarfanatics.com......

Thebigbadwolf

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 03:59:49 am »
I was lucky enough to interview Michael a few days ago, but Greg and Grant don't cover racing on CD.com so it landed on Champweb. Here is the link:

http://www.champweb.net/headline.php?t=c&id=26767

Michael is confident about some things in the works for 2005, but didn't want to let them be known until, they are signed and sealed.

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 01:34:13 pm »
Great article BBW.

Champweb is one of my favourite sites, Don is a class act.

Offline Drivesideways

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 12:58:36 pm »