Author Topic: My new Red CX5 Signature  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
Re: My new Red CX5 Signature
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2023, 12:40:09 pm »
Today was the day I picked her up.
After one year of testing Q3, Volvo XC40 and X3 I finally put a deposit on a red CX5 Signature on Family day.
Now there are 2 red Mazdas in my household. MX30GT the wife Mobil and the CX5.
Once I figure out how to take pics that are not too large in size I can post some.
But I’m sure you all know how the cx5 looks in case I cannot take small file size picture.

Congrats on the new CX5. I obviously approved as I have also ordered one. So great to hear that after all that cross shopping you went with Mazda because I spent over a year doing the same. My testing involved CX30, CX50, Audi Q3, BMW X2, BMW X1 (not the current version) and Volks Taos. My wife is thrilled the auto shopping is over.

Would love to hear some of your ownership thoughts once you get a few kms under your belt. But with a new one coming my way, I only want to hear the good things.  :D
So we looked at similar vehicles and choose wisely.
I’ll definitely only share the positives. So far:
Car had 6 km when I picked it up.
The Napa leather is soooo smooth.
The cooling seats are amazing, 18 degrees and instead of turning on the AC I use the cooling seat. Wow cannot believe I leaved without.
The gear changes are smooth and buttery.
The HUD is also very nice, still getting used to it, shows speed limit and stop signs together with turn by turn direction if you use the built in nav system.
The 360 camera is fantastic, especially in tight spaces.

I went with GT. Mostly because I wanted a NA engine. The color of Nappa was so dark it looked black but it felt really nice. But I will really miss the body colored trim and the 360 camera you have.

I test drove the CX50 with the turbo. Man what tremendous power!!! I never expected to feel such a difference. I can certainly understand how people would desire the turbo. We opted not to get it because of fuel economy hit, increased complexity and the fact we do not crave or need that kind of power. But I suspect we are in the minority. Had they offered a signature without turbo (at a slightly lower price) we would have jumped at it.

My wife thinks the GT's cooling seats are silly but I suspect she may change her mind on first stinking hot day. We will see.
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2023, 08:47:51 pm »
Congratulations!  You cannot go wrong with a red Mazda.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2023, 11:45:43 pm »
Love it! Enjoy, Mazda makes a fantastic looking red that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2023, 02:14:57 pm »
So the dealer called me to let me know that they made a small mistake and they owe me $400.
I went and picked up my check and bought a retractable cargo cover from them as the tinted glass does not offer enough privacy. 280 bucks well spent for piece of mind.
This dealership is honest.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 03:57:06 pm by sszoomzoom »

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2023, 10:34:26 am »
So the dealer called me to let me know that they made a small mistake and they owe me $400.
I went and picked up my check and bought a retractable cargo cover from them as the tinted glass does not offer enough privacy. 280 bucks well spent for piece of mind.

Holly crap that is honest. That is almost hard to believe. After the hard time I had getting them to even match the price of another dealership I seriously doubt I will ever get a call like that.

I was planning to skip the cargo cover because of the tinted glass. Now after your experience I will have to reconsider. It is expensive but at least it retracts out of the way when space is needed. If you do have to removed it for big loads is it stow able under the floor? Most likely too new for you to know the answer to that.

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2023, 10:45:01 am »

Holly crap that is honest. That is almost hard to believe. After the hard time I had getting them to even match the price of another dealership I seriously doubt I will ever get a call like that.

I was planning to skip the cargo cover because of the tinted glass. Now after your experience I will have to reconsider. It is expensive but at least it retracts out of the way when space is needed. If you do have to removed it for big loads is it stow able under the floor? Most likely too new for you to know the answer to that.
You should definitely get the retractable cover, the Mazda OEM is so good and when you open the hatch it is secured to the bottom of the hatch so it’s not in your way, it is kinda flush with the hatch. You don’t need to stow it unless you fold the rear seats.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2023, 11:19:50 am »
I was curious about the cargo cover, because I wasn't aware it was a thing on the CX-5.  I went to check my hatch area, and sure enough, there's the space where it slots in, and the hooks on the hatch.  I could totally put one on my 2019.  AND, the way it's designed, it would fit along with the dog cage that I have attached to the rear seat headrests. 

That being said, I don't think I need it.  I feel like enough privacy is provided by the tinted glass, and I don't really keep much back there anyway.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2023, 11:22:48 am »
I would have thought these would have been standard rather than an accessory at additional cost?  I don't recall ever not getting one on a SUV or wagon (Ford, JGC, Subaru, Nissan Caddy, MB, BMW all came with one AFAIR)
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2023, 12:03:00 pm »
On the Crosstrek it varies by trim level if they come standard, but they all can fit one

Offline valuator

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2023, 12:37:00 pm »
I would have thought these would have been standard rather than an accessory at additional cost?  I don't recall ever not getting one on a SUV or wagon (Ford, JGC, Subaru, Nissan Caddy, MB, BMW all came with one AFAIR)

Both of our vehicles came with one, no cost.  The Subaru even came with the trunk liner at no charge.  I had to pay for the Honda one at the parts counter.  Saw MSRP on the guy's computer screen when he verbally quoted me that plus $100.  Said I'd pay MSRP and he shrugged "sure" and took my payment  :rofl: