Author Topic: Johnny's Famous Canadian Made Pumpkin Si  (Read 20849 times)

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
Re: Johnny's Famous Canadian Made Pumpkin Si
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2023, 12:26:18 pm »
Curious to hear if you’ve also calculated fuel economy numbers by hand.

In the vehicles I’ve owned, the car’s display has always been optimistic. But even if the real number is a bit higher, that’s still impressive.

I track all my cars using Fuelly. It’s a pretty slick and easy setup.

I should probably join the 21st century and start doing that too. I’m still using an Excel spreadsheet on the desktop at home.  :rofl2:

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2023, 02:37:54 pm »
So has Honda fixed the issues with the 1.5T? Is this a 300k km engine?
So far both our vehicles with the 1.5T have been solid, no oil dilution in either, or oil consumption for that matter.  Is it a 300k engine…I don’t know.  Not many turbo’d engines are high mileage hero’s (outside of diesel of course).  We won’t hit 100k in either before we make a switch, so it’ll be someone else’s problem if things fail.

That's good to hear. Did they fix the heat issue (or lack thereof?) in cold winter conditions?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2023, 02:55:19 pm »
Curious to hear if you’ve also calculated fuel economy numbers by hand.

In the vehicles I’ve owned, the car’s display has always been optimistic. But even if the real number is a bit higher, that’s still impressive.

I track all my cars using Fuelly. It’s a pretty slick and easy setup.
I was an avid Fuelly user.

I now use Fuelio. I think it's a step up.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2023, 05:35:24 pm »
So far both our vehicles with the 1.5T have been solid, no oil dilution in either, or oil consumption for that matter.  Is it a 300k engine…I don’t know.  Not many turbo’d engines are high mileage hero’s (outside of diesel of course).  We won’t hit 100k in either before we make a switch, so it’ll be someone else’s problem if things fail.

That's good to hear. Did they fix the heat issue (or lack thereof?) in cold winter conditions?
Never had issues with heat, but we don’t get crazy cold snaps like some parts of Canada.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2023, 06:26:50 pm »

I believe this issue only showed up on a few - wide recall completed but that was for older versions of the 1.5T.