Author Topic: 2023 Hyundai Palisade Ultimate Calligraphy Review  (Read 3888 times)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: 2023 Hyundai Palisade Ultimate Calligraphy Review
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2023, 11:23:08 am »
^^^ I heard about this from my Mom, actually.  Had a conversation with her, and as usual we talked about cars a little, including how her 2019 Atlas VR6 is doing (doing just fine, just crossed 60k kms, and replaced the AWD clutch fluid).  Anyway, she mentioned to me that VW is ditching the VR6 in favour of the 2.0T. 

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6817
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2023, 09:03:31 pm »
Power of the 4 is up though to 269, almost the same as the old V6, with more torque. Don't think anyone buys a gas VW for long term reliability anyway

Good on VW for figuring out something to sell in North America that people actually buy, that's been a weakness for a long time
True. Although the majority of current Atlas is V6. Will people buy the four? Output is just numbers on a page. How ift feels/works will be another matter. Really it should have a nice V8.

People buy the V6 because it's what's ordered - and because it's the only engine offered in the upper trims, which are >70% of our sales. The I4 - even today - already drives better. The new one is leagues superior to the outgoing V6 and even tows more easily thanks to the extra torque. We do not foresee major adoption concerns.

As for the other comment foretelling the "end of the Canadian operations," I wish I was so good at telling myself stories.

I understand you're position.  The Atlas and it's variant have no physical controls for HVAC, NAV, Radio et al.  Just like GTi.  100% cost cutting; so dangerous as people are required as they drive to lean way forward and peck away at a tablet for almost everything like a pecking chicken looking for seeds.  VW is a company in free fall. 

The Russian/Ukrainian war has torpedoed German industrial production for a decade.  They're industrial energy inputs are 13 times that of the United States.  Biden has essentially blocked German EVs made in German.  None made in USA with Nafta batteries.

I just don't see how VW will have the resources to underwrite the Canadian or American market when their vehicles are so well known to have sub-standard reliability and idiotic controls.  If anything, Audi and Porsche will get the nod over VW due to profit margin.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12420
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2023, 09:11:44 pm »
Power of the 4 is up though to 269, almost the same as the old V6, with more torque. Don't think anyone buys a gas VW for long term reliability anyway

Good on VW for figuring out something to sell in North America that people actually buy, that's been a weakness for a long time
True. Although the majority of current Atlas is V6. Will people buy the four? Output is just numbers on a page. How ift feels/works will be another matter. Really it should have a nice V8.

People buy the V6 because it's what's ordered - and because it's the only engine offered in the upper trims, which are >70% of our sales. The I4 - even today - already drives better. The new one is leagues superior to the outgoing V6 and even tows more easily thanks to the extra torque. We do not foresee major adoption concerns.

As for the other comment foretelling the "end of the Canadian operations," I wish I was so good at telling myself stories.

For some, the end is always near. Given the 0% accuracy to date, I shouldn't worry too much.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2023, 11:02:05 pm »
I think manufacturers have realized for some time now that people buy screens, convenience and "safety" features, theoretical fuel economy numbers rather than powertrain performance and 0-60 times.

Sad perhaps for a small percent of buyers but they have no choice but to go with the program. It's a democracy after all - people vote with their wallets.