Author Topic: Where do you guys order tires and rims online?  (Read 14073 times)

Offline m1xed0s

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-9
    • View Profile
Where do you guys order tires and rims online?
« on: January 07, 2021, 10:57:47 am »
Update: I just ordered a set of four cooper DISCOVER TRUE NORTH with steel rims from 4tires.ca and will see how the experience would be...

=====================
I am actually still shopping for a set of steel wheels and winter tires...There are sites below selling the ones I want but has any of you shopped any of below before?

www.4tires.ca
quattrotires.com
blackcircles.ca
www.canadawheels.ca
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 06:48:09 pm by m1xed0s »

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you guys order tires and rims online?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 11:10:15 am »
I've ordered from Quattro Tires.  Fast shipping and solid prices.

I'd also add Canadian Tire to that list.  They often have some good sales.

And Costco.ca.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 11:11:30 am »
I bought steelies and winter tires for my truck from www.pmctire.com two years ago, and I was very pleased. 

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 11:13:02 am »
I am actually still shopping for a set of steel wheels and winter tires...There are sites below selling the ones I want but has any of you shopped any of below before?

www.4tires.ca
quattrotires.com
blackcircles.ca
www.canadawheels.ca
if in Ottawa area, walltowalltires.com are great and prices are fantastic. A few of the members here use them and are happy.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 11:22:25 am »
I haven't used any of those sites.  I did order wheels/tires from 1010tires and tires from PMC.  Both purchases were without issue.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline m1xed0s

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 11:55:38 am »

And Costco.ca.
canadiantire is too expensive actually from what I can see. Costco currently sold out winter tires for my car...

Offline m1xed0s

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 11:56:07 am »
I bought steelies and winter tires for my truck from www.pmctire.com two years ago, and I was very pleased.
Thanks, will check PMCTIRE.

Offline m1xed0s

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 11:56:56 am »
I haven't used any of those sites.  I did order wheels/tires from 1010tires and tires from PMC.  Both purchases were without issue.
Thanks, will check those.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 12:07:43 pm »

I have also used 1010 tires with no issue.
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 12:24:37 pm »

And Costco.ca.
canadiantire is too expensive actually from what I can see. Costco currently sold out winter tires for my car...

I didn't need anything this year but did notice the new X-ice Snow had the lowest price at Canadian Tire, I guess it depends on the size. But as far as the shopping experience goes, the next time I will use my indie tire guy. His balancing is always perfect and everything is ordered over the phone with no downpayment needed.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline m1xed0s

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 12:39:13 pm »

I didn't need anything this year but did notice the new X-ice Snow had the lowest price at Canadian Tire, I guess it depends on the size. But as far as the shopping experience goes, the next time I will use my indie tire guy. His balancing is always perfect and everything is ordered over the phone with no downpayment needed.

There might be a promotion but I missed it...The cost from canadiantire for the X-ICE snow for my car is more $$$ than other online shops.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 12:53:59 pm »

There might be a promotion but I missed it...The cost from canadiantire for the X-ICE snow for my car is more $$$ than other online shops.

Not sure if it was a promo or someone's screw-up but right now it only shows the old Xi-3 in my size and a few months ago the new 'X-ice Snow' were listed for less than $200 in 235-50-18 size.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 02:19:06 pm »
Quattro tires has been good.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 07:23:36 pm »
I have bought from
CanadaWheels
4tires
Blackcircles
Costco
Tirerack
1010tires

All good.
And, if you happen to have a written quote from one of the above and/or PMC then show it to some places that advertise that they won't be undersold on tires and you might do even better. That's what I did with good year Center and a Ford Dealer, both of which advertised that they would not be undersold and it worked.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 08:36:10 pm »
i guess the margins on tires must be quite high, given that a company like PMC can offer Costco-like prices, and ship heavy wheels and tires Canada-wide for free.  Seriously, each Tundra wheel/tire weighs about 80lbs and is quite bulky, It can't be particularly cheap to ship four of them. 

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 11:06:25 pm »
I've used 1010 a few times, really good service.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 07:27:42 am »
i guess the margins on tires must be quite high, given that a company like PMC can offer Costco-like prices, and ship heavy wheels and tires Canada-wide for free.  Seriously, each Tundra wheel/tire weighs about 80lbs and is quite bulky, It can't be particularly cheap to ship four of them.
I do not know what the true cost is to the companies, but wholesale vs retail is most of the time fairly slim. My old GM shop to stay competitive would only mark up 20%, and even then was usually undercut by Costco.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 11:37:13 am »

They annoyed me by posting wheels on their website that they said fit a Cayenne... until you order them, then suddenly they don't fit, aren't being shipped and you're left shopping again.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2021, 05:24:25 pm »

They annoyed me by posting wheels on their website that they said fit a Cayenne... until you order them, then suddenly they don't fit, aren't being shipped and you're left shopping again.
That exact thing happened to me last winter with the Q7. Ended up with Replika brand 20x9 Q7 knock-offs but I originally ordered some MB lookalikes that should’ve fit according to Replika themselves, but they refused to ship them regardless. Very happy with the “Audi” ones though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline m1xed0s

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 02:55:38 pm »
Just want to share my experience with 4tires.ca. Ordered and received the tire and rim set (premounted and balanced) within 7 calendar days.

So far so good!