Author Topic: Buick Electra Concept Aims to Reset Consumer Expectations  (Read 564 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
Buick Electra Concept Aims to Reset Consumer Expectations
« on: September 30, 2020, 11:46:37 am »
The future of Buick EVs looks like this
Read more...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: Buick Electra Concept Aims to Reset Consumer Expectations
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 12:23:21 pm »
Buick needs to die.

Cadillac should be the luxury GM brand.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +315/-525
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 03:45:21 pm »
Who knew Tesla in 2012 with a massive screen would be changing the industry 10 years on.
Not a button in sight.   
Buttons must signify "low rent" or "ancient" interior to concept car designers judging by the ones I've seen recently.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 04:25:24 pm »
I like buttons. I press it, something happens that the button says will happen. Not so with a damn screen.

I cancelled my Tesla order due to that stupidity, and Honda championed the "RETURN OF THE VOLUME KNOB!!!" in their 2020 promotional sales material. The return of buttons was a selling point.

Screens without buttons for essential features are stupid.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 04:42:08 pm »
Buick needs to die.

I never understood why when GM restructured during the Great Recession, they kept Buick but ditched Pontiac.  To me, Chevy was the mainstream budget brand, Cadillac was the luxury brand, GMC was the luxury pick-up truck brand (the boss' truck, as opposed to the foreman's Chevy), and Pontiac could have been the sporty, youthful brand. 

Yeah, I get that China is apparently huge on Buick, and that's the reason it stuck around.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +315/-525
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 04:43:01 pm »
I cancelled my Tesla order due to that stupidity

Tesla does have buttons, for windows, doors, hazard, hatches.

The steering wheel controls (aka buttons) also operate a variety of things like volume, cruise speed, temperature ... and for other stuff I just use voice commands if I am not interested in pressing a square on the large touch screen.

Really, it is extremely rare to use the touch screen for anything while driving, I just say "play steely dan" and the car plays 1970's light rock and then I drive away, the automatic temperature control is accurate, the wipers, lights and other things are automatic.

I get the anti-button thing went pretty far, but our Model S also has some controls not found in the Model 3, like a cruise stalk, steering wheel adjust, wiper and lights, so a used Model S (like we have) is a nice option vs a new Model 3/Y.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 04:52:39 pm »
Buick needs to die.

I never understood why when GM restructured during the Great Recession, they kept Buick but ditched Pontiac.  To me, Chevy was the mainstream budget brand, Cadillac was the luxury brand, GMC was the luxury pick-up truck brand (the boss' truck, as opposed to the foreman's Chevy), and Pontiac could have been the sporty, youthful brand. 

Yeah, I get that China is apparently huge on Buick, and that's the reason it stuck around.
I agree. Stupid GM.