Author Topic: 2021 Jaguar F-Pace Updated with New Look, New Tech, New Engines  (Read 527 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
2021 Jaguar F-Pace Updated with New Look, New Tech, New Engines
« on: September 17, 2020, 10:31:43 am »
Big changes for Jag's best seller.
Read more...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: 2021 Jaguar F-Pace Updated with New Look, New Tech, New Engines
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 12:58:44 pm »
Seen very few around here and I gotta say, its not a great looking thing is it. Like bland, bland AF.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 02:52:55 pm »
from what I have been seeing, stay away from the 2.0L turbo. The V6 is solid, the 2.0T not so much. Had a recent vintage Evoke that...well lets just say there was a lot of engine work needed right outside of warranty (mileage). Jag good-willed the repairs, but damn I would be wary of getting a 4 cyl.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 03:01:59 pm »
from what I have been seeing, stay away from the 2.0L turbo. The V6 is solid, the 2.0T not so much. Had a recent vintage Evoke that...well lets just say there was a lot of engine work needed right outside of warranty (mileage). Jag good-willed the repairs, but damn I would be wary of getting a 4 cyl.
Yea..I'm a bit leery of 2 banger turbos for longevity...particularly from companies not regarded as "experts" in building such engines.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 03:12:41 pm »
Yea..I'm a bit leery of 2 banger turbos for longevity...particularly from companies not regarded as "experts" in building such engines.

Early Disco Sports and Evoques were powered by the same 2.0T Ecoboost engine that was found in the Explorer (base engine), Edge, Taurus, and Focus ST. 
Starting in late 2015, they started using the Land Rover derived 2.0T from the 'Ingenium' line.

I'm guessing since Chaos mentioned a 'vintage' Evoque, he must be talking about the Ecoboost 2.0T.

I'm glad my Mom ditched hers a few months after her warranty ran out.  She never had any major problems with it, but I considered it a ticking time bomb from that point onward. 

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 03:16:39 pm »

Early Disco Sports and Evoques were powered by the same 2.0T Ecoboost engine that was found in the Explorer (base engine), Edge, Taurus, and Focus ST. 
Starting in late 2015, they started using the Land Rover derived 2.0T from the 'Ingenium' line.

I'm guessing since Chaos mentioned a 'vintage' Evoque, he must be talking about the Ecoboost 2.0T.

I'm glad my Mom ditched hers a few months after her warranty ran out.  She never had any major problems with it, but I considered it a ticking time bomb from that point onward.

Yeah, I was gonna say I thought they were Ford Ecoboosts in there, but then I guess they changed them over at some point.
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 03:23:47 pm »
yeah just verified, it is an Ecoboost

and in the future, if I type in all caps, I am sorry - have to be in caps for all my apps at work

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 03:28:50 pm »

I know.

But I just don't consider them experts...though "experts" might not be the correct term I'm looking for.  When I think of high tech 4 banger expertise...Ford isn't the first company that comes to mind.

Whereas some companies 4 bangers have always been their bread and butter.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 03:31:06 pm by rrocket »

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 03:39:17 pm »
F Pace does sell well here, heavy portion of the service schedule includes F Paces. Drove an SVR today, wow that thing is quick.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 03:46:17 pm »

I know.

But I just don't consider them experts...though "experts" might not be the correct term I'm looking for.  When I think of high tech 4 banger expertise...Ford isn't the first company that comes to mind.

Whereas some companies 4 bangers have always been their bread and butter.

I wasn't trying to suggest that Ford is expert in building any kind of motor...  If anything, having a Ford sourced 2.0T in that Discover was a detriment.  It was a long way from what I would consider refined.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 03:53:43 pm by Great_Big_Abyss »