Author Topic: 2021 Genesis G70 Pricing Announced, Pre-Orders Open for New G80  (Read 1319 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
The 2021 Genesis G70 will start at an all-in price of $43,000 and now comes standard with LED headlights.
Read more...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: 2021 Genesis G70 Pricing Announced, Pre-Orders Open for New G80
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 08:17:22 am »
Genesis includes five years/100,000 km of scheduled maintenance with all of its vehicles and valet pickup and dropoff for service, along with a loaner vehicle for the duration of the service.

You have to be within 50 km of the dealership to get this service. Wish articles would be more clear about this when mentioning the valet service. It isn't like I live in the middle of nowhere yet the closest dealer to me is still 77 kms away.

All vehicles sold by Genesis Motors Canada come equipped with 5 Years / 100,000 km, (whichever occurs first) Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance, Concierge Service and Courtesy Vehicle Service. The services are provided to customers within 50km(driving distance) to the closest Genesis distributor. Services are only offered in Canada. Some limitations apply. See an authorized Genesis distributor for complete details.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 11:46:27 am »
The manual transmission lives on for one more year.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 12:06:59 pm »
Genesis includes five years/100,000 km of scheduled maintenance with all of its vehicles and valet pickup and dropoff for service, along with a loaner vehicle for the duration of the service.

You have to be within 50 km of the dealership to get this service. Wish articles would be more clear about this when mentioning the valet service. It isn't like I live in the middle of nowhere yet the closest dealer to me is still 77 kms away.

All vehicles sold by Genesis Motors Canada come equipped with 5 Years / 100,000 km, (whichever occurs first) Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance, Concierge Service and Courtesy Vehicle Service. The services are provided to customers within 50km(driving distance) to the closest Genesis distributor. Services are only offered in Canada. Some limitations apply. See an authorized Genesis distributor for complete details.

So what happens in this case? Do they refund the included in price maintenance plan if you'd do your own service?

$43k inclusive of PDI/freight is a good value.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 01:08:16 pm »
So what happens in this case? Do they refund the included in price maintenance plan if you'd do your own service?

You're funny.  ;D

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 01:24:43 pm »

You're funny.  ;D

It wasn't my intention in this case  :P

The cost of sending a valet plus having to bring and amortize a loaner car is substantial, not to mention the actual service. I'd guesstimate it at least $2000 over the course of 5 years, perhaps more. We should ask Patrick for the exact number  ;)

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-104
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 09:54:02 pm »

You're funny.  ;D

The cost of sending a valet plus having to bring and amortize a loaner car is substantial, not to mention the actual service. I'd guesstimate it at least $2000 over the course of 5 years, perhaps more. We should ask Patrick for the exact number  ;)

I'm sworn to secrecy!
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 06:55:17 am »

You're funny.  ;D

I'm sworn to secrecy!
Just wondering  , how long contractually do you have keep it a secrecy  ???

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-104
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 08:59:30 am »

You're funny.  ;D

I'm sworn to secrecy!

It's not a question of contractual obligation. It's a question of respect for a former employer.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 09:04:20 am »

You're funny.  ;D

I'm sworn to secrecy!

It's not a question of contractual obligation. It's a question of respect for a former employer.
I completely understand , I guess I. Was really wondering if there was a contractual obligation.

Online Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-440
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 10:03:20 am »

You're funny.  ;D

I'm sworn to secrecy!

and you never want to burn bridges in business, never know when you might be looking for a job